project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: love the game  (Read 3225 times)

ddrach

love the game
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:00:38 pm »
keep up the good work. I'm definately glad I found this even though my grades will probably go in the shitter now haha

dekyos

Re: love the game
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:48:21 am »
I must say this game is a gem.  I stumbled across it after reading about it on PortableApps.com .  I had some initial issues with my video card, but found a solution (manually copying the oGL driver from my ati directory into the main folder cleared up the issue).  Since then, and the fix also worked on Beyond the Red Line, another game I was unable to play, I've played for several hours.  By far a higher quality game than a majority of its other totally free OS peers.  I can't model or code yet, but I'm working on both (computer science major and graphics hobbyist).  This game has wonderful potential, and I'm sure once its current storyline reaches completion there will be room to create new campaigns, like attacking the alien homeworld, or helping the aliens (or playing AS the aliens!).

Very nice work to everyone involved, highly addictive little game.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 11:01:47 pm »
I like the forum a lot.

I think the game needs a little bit more polish, but the forums are kinda very lively and nice. That is a very good thing IMO.

tycho102

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 02:36:22 am »
I've been playing the game on Fedora 8.

Absolutely awesome. I've played the original Xcom1 on msdos and (more recently) dosbox. Xcom 2 and Xcom 3. UFO: Aftermath. I didn't care much for UFO: Aftermath -- between the bugs and the "intellectual property rights", the game was more annoying than anything else.

UFOAI needs some work, but it seems to be coming along very nicely. I'm just about addicted to the tactical combat...

udm

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 09:46:51 am »
+1 too

Love this game too. It's a free game that has a worth of $20 commercial indie games

Sometimes, the best things in life are free. This is one of them!

jeric

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 04:16:10 pm »
Thank You,Thank You all. I recently was in a car accident and am still recovering. I have spent most of the time looking for things to distract me from pain. I must commend your achievements thus far. I was disheartened when I was playing to see <to do>. I thought it was a bug but then realized the game isn't finished (lol). I started playing Avalon Hill games in the 1980's and the proliferation of computer games was a boon. This is a materpiece and please quit your day jobs and get this finished. Don't forget to have the population get "possessed" during missions like the original X-com. Oh you probably have that planned anyway but should you need any next version beta testers I will keep checking back. I must say no bugs found on my part.(2.2) Again awesome work people. I feel like a kid again.