Development > Translating

Italian translation

(1/13) > >>

FrancoC:
This topic is intended to coordinate the efforts for the italian translation of the game.
Currently two persons are going to work on this stuff: FrancoC (me) and Ufogio.
I'm not aware of anyone else working on this too, nobody replyed to my request in the post from Discussion forum (http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3.0)
If anyone is also working on italian translation please let us know an be welcome.

This topic will be in english language exept when "really needed" for translation purposes.

@moderators: I created the topic here in Coding section, if you feel this belongs elsewhere in the forum move it at your convenience :)

Edit: looking back to my own posts, this topic will be in poor english language.

FrancoC:
Ufogio, can you briefly update me about the status of 2.3 translation?
I didn't even try to compile from SVN yet and know only about 2.2 or what is on Wiki.

I see that in 2.2 some text need translation, others need to be fixed as they overlap the graphics.
Also in Wiki a quick look shows that there are many strings to be translated.

FrancoC:
Help with Wiki.

I'm new to editing wiki articles, if I want to change the name of a certain item, do I have to edit this page?
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/List_of_msgid/Equipment

How does wiki manage the editing of the same page by two cuncurrent users? Do I have to take any precaution?

FrancoC:
Ufogio, I was thinking that "some" work was needed but looking at the PO source I got scarred :)
It contains many many of this kind of translations:

msgid "Show chat history"
msgstr "Mostra armature nel magazzino" :o

msgid "Produce aircraft"
msgstr "Squadra libera precedente"  :o :o :o

So not only we will have to deal with usual problem that the translation requires often a longer string but a major correction is really needed! It will be a loooong and haaaaard work  ;D

ufogio:
Hi!!
ok, let's do it, in english :)
I don't know who made the first translation, neither if he still follows the game.
You say there are errors in the actual translation... too bad :( :( :(
But I can have a look at the po file tomorrow.

--- Quote ---Ufogio, can you briefly update me about the status of 2.3 translation?
I didn't even try to compile from SVN yet and know only about 2.2 or what is on Wiki.
--- End quote ---
At the moment there are a few problems with the svn, so it is very difficult to play (there is a mission with 17 aliens, moreover you can't load games).
I will tell you when it is working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version