project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Research problem, dead end after "a new twist"  (Read 2925 times)

rockseer

Research problem, dead end after "a new twist"
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:42:33 am »
i have a problem where i'm not able to research any further after the "a new twist" i have 2 full quarantine stations and all autopsies.
And in addition after i have researched particle weapons and their ammunition i cannot research the ufo devices like engine, navigation and such...i already have captured some ufo engines and a have already stored an ufo in my hangar but the research entries are still greyed out. no matter how many devices i get from the battlefield, they don't seem to arrive in my storage. does anyone have an idea how to fix that?
Because in a previous game which i lost because of too many dead civilians, i already researched the antimatter facilities and a few ufo devices and was already able to build new interceptors all these things i'm not able to research in this second game...is there any fix for that?

PS: i have captured several scout ufos. i also have the scout ufo in research screen, but it's greyed out and it says i haven't got the prerequisitions to research that technology, same with the ufo engine which i have in the research screen but it's greyed out too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:54:03 pm by rockseer »

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Research problem, dead end after "a new twist"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:39:39 pm »
Most likely the problem is that you lack a scout ufo. only after researching scout ufos the rest becomes available for research. IIRC this will be fixed once the research subject "Ufo Theory" becomes implemented...i think pretty soon...

swanwarrior

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:14:35 pm »
You need a whole Scout UFO to research it. If you have it, check that it is the base you're trying to research it and not in other bases. If so, just plain transfer it.

Then, if I remember well, before I was able to research the ufo itself I did have to discover all secrets about its component parts (fairly sure about Propulsion, Astrogation and Alloys).

Check about that , too.  If, still, you can't go on with the research... I don't know...
 ;)

Yamboo

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:39:37 pm »
same problem here. got four open researches, but basic researches are missing for them to be started:
- UFO Fighter
- UFO Harvester
- Alien Propulsion
- Particle Beam Weapon

i think the developers made the same mistake as the original ones in XCOM TFTD. scout ships only appear in the early game and if you don't catch one quick enough,
you can quit the game, because you HAVE to research the smallest ship, otherwise your scientists aren't able to research sonething bigger than a hand-weapon.
i really hate those plot-stoppers, they aren't even logically. i mean, why can't they just take the harvester or fighter for research, why does it have to be a scout ?
maybe next release has a better research-tree.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:21:11 pm »
maybe next release has a better research-tree.

Yes, this should be fixed in next release.