project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dropped Items  (Read 4976 times)

Ildamos

Dropped Items
« on: January 08, 2008, 05:24:21 pm »
Are dropped items automatically carried back to your base when you successfully complete a mission or do you need to pick up discarded/dropped weapons/ammunition?

Question answered:

I just noticed this in the manual:

Please be aware that the items not carried by your soldiers at the end of a
mission are sold automatically.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:50:08 pm by Ildamos »

Offline Zukn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped Items
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:02:48 am »
In my experience it gets sold.

Starship_Yard

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 04:16:53 pm »
My experience is the opposite.  My troopers (Standard Mode) have all their original equipment and have used ammunition replaced when they get back to base.  Dropping an item hasn't seemed to make any difference.

Blywulf

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 07:49:28 pm »
Yeah, as the manual says, it gets sold, which is quite annoying in case some of your guys get wasted and you forget to pick up their gear.

Ildamos

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 05:58:08 am »
you forget to pick up their gear.

Or you kill the last alien and the mission suddenly ends.  :P This makes no sense and should be fixed. I mean if a tactical squad finishes a mission, it would only be logical for them to pick up fallen equipment right? I have not read all the changes implemented in v2.2 though so we'll see.

Thanks for the replies!  :)

BigBonsai

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
if a tactical squad finishes a mission, it would only be logical for them to pick up fallen equipment right?

Right. So what about a question "Do you want to leave this area?" Or "What are your orders concerning useful items in this area, Sir? (Options: Sell them, Bring them along, Let them be)"

Something along that line would make more sense.

BiB

Ildamos

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 03:57:32 pm »
That too. This should be seriously considered in the next version. I mean the way things are regarding this topic is illogical.

DaNippers

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 02:08:13 am »
I think an end mission Statement showing casualties, etc plus asking if you would like requisitioned equipment Sold or gathered for intel and/or strategical use SIR! would be a GREAT enhancement ;) money's nice but sometimes usefulness today outways monetary gain today...

Starship_Yard

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 03:48:40 am »
When the autosell did start happening for me I was able to chase down where to control it from.  Go to your Buy/Sell screen and you will see a small symbol box down the left hand side beside each item.  If it is a checkmark, any of those items loose at the end of a mission are automatically sold.  If there is an x, then the items are transfered into your inventory.  Click on the icon to be able to change it from the check to x and back again.  Note that it seems to default to selling most of the researched items but not your starting types of equipment.

Brett

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 04:02:40 am »
This seems to be old news.

in 2.2 I've frequently dropped a bazooka or sniper rifle, etc when i'm out of ammo, or when quick arms are needed.

I've always had that weapon back for my next mission.

Cameron

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 05:42:21 am »
This may explain why you only seem to pick up some of the stuff. (It always seems to be the unknown alien technology that's collected).

I think everything should be collected at the end of the mission and go into the general store if it was issued to a fallen comrade. This way it can be reissued to the next recruit or transferred or sold.

We don't want the civilians who survived the local alien incursion  to end up injuring themselves or others with a  human military issue firearm.