project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Concept art  (Read 25421 times)

Captain Bipto

Re: Concept art
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 11:49:10 am »
K i'll get cracking...should I just post pics in this thread?

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 07:39:04 pm »
Certainly!

Regards,
Winter

Captain Bipto

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 06:44:30 pm »
Okay cool.  Now I meant sketching out aliens and other things in the pipeline not already drawn/completed not 3D gfx...I can barely color in 2D >:(

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 07:22:18 pm »
Hello man, you know concep art is a really wellcomed thing, for the game and 3d modeller, because you know what to do exactly and not waste any time just imaginating the model. Wellcome to the community.

Offline Imposeren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 08:04:32 pm »
I'm not very good at drawing, but I think that aliens need to be less human-like.

Example:

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 12:27:47 am »
I'm not very good at drawing, but I think that aliens need to be less human-like.

Example:

I've brought this up myself in the past, about how the current aliens look like "humans in costumes" as well as the fact that more races would be nice, but I haven't had time to do new alien models, and no one else has volunteered to really do the work yet.

If you can model, and want to try, I'd say you're more than welcome to go for it.

odie

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 06:53:15 am »

Example:

Hi Imposeren,

I thnk this looks good. :D U have tat "something" which i dunno wat u intend.

Have u considered an "One-Eyed-Wide area scan" alien, with perhaps sonar capabilities (no ears)? Or think along the line of super well-defined genetically enhanced muscle-type alien. Or perhaps 4 legged aliens (pets) trained for speed and close combat deadliness? Aliens genetically modified for low "visibility" by aliens (stealth) perhaps the ability to hide? Hmmmm.... would be scary. Some flying ones would be cool? (Maybe instead of conventional 2 wings, think 4 wings?), with acid spitting capabilities? Pukes. Or perhaps thnk robotics, since we have not seen anyone coming up with those too...... robotics will develop into a whole new generes perhaps, so i am not too sure if this "robotec" or "MechGear" style war we would want.

And oh, perhaps can be inspired by War of the worlds? :D Some uber smart aliens controlling incredible robots? 1 per combat? Hmmm.....

Okie, just lil ideas from my head, though i really really cant draw at all. Lol. :D Would be good if these somehow trigger designers to design concept arts. :D

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 12:57:15 am »
theres always the possiblilty of "mounted" aliens. If I were better at drawing, I would sketch up my idea

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 01:09:31 am »
Mounted aliens are out of the question, we don't want any of that sort of thing in the game. It doesn't fit design-wise and would be far too much of a pain to code.

Regards,
Winter

Offline Imposeren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 09:49:20 am »
theres always the possiblilty of "mounted" aliens. If I were better at drawing, I would sketch up my idea
Can you explain main difference from mere aliens?

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 09:46:27 am »
faster, carrying larger weapons. Tanks, but without the machine. But if they are out of the question, then OK

odie

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 08:49:32 pm »
Can you explain main difference from mere aliens?

I thnk its something like this:
(Correct me if wrong)

Mere aliens are single entity. They are like a single human or the current single alien u see. Shoot it, kill it, it dies and stay dead. Stun it, its stunned and captured after battle.

Mounted aliens are more like single entity alien on a "vehicle" of sort. Think of it like calvaries (Soldiers on horses) or Battletech-styled (humans in Mech aka robotech?). "Kill it" (Destroy the robot) and perhaps the alien within has a chance of survival, pops out (hurt partially or completely unhurt) and now u have 2nd enemy to kill and take down.

Get the idea? Its simply a pain in the butt to code anything like this.....

BUT perhaps good can come out of this idea.

Winter - Is there a possibility whereby if humans have remote-controlled-tanks (UGVs), then aliens have similar single-entity-robots (thnk of it as droids / drones) which are tough to take down but possess superior research materials or the sortas? Or simply think of them as terror-machines? Just an idea. :D

Offline Migel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 08:37:29 am »
I think you need some battle droids. Robots can be 4th alien race among with bloodspiders.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 02:02:40 pm »
Is this still 'Concept art' topic or the 'Memories of TFTD'? You're going offtopic a bit... :)

-geever

Offline Imposeren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Concept art. Shevaar inspired model
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 04:30:10 pm »
Inspired by shevaar. I can try retopo it to make a low-poly model.
But i'm infamiliar in texturing( and modeling and animating) so I'll need some time to make it usable or some help for it.

P.S. Why aliens are named so strange?
For example, if I had been a scientist I would name shevaar «lizard caecus alienus». And other aliens:
Capitus amplus alienus,
musculus amplus alienus
(I mean that name shoud represent alien abilities. Name can't be something meaningless)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:16:37 pm by Imposeren »