project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Destructable AA defences  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Destructable AA defences
« on: February 12, 2008, 09:19:57 am »
It may sound like a borrowing from UFO:Extraterrestrials, but I would like to suggest SAM-sites and other ground-to-air defences being vulnerable to aircraft fire, along with alien bases having such structures. So that a raid on alien base could be either preceded by an airstrike with attack crafts, or player tries his/her luck with sending a dropship against unsupressed AA defence. As an option, only planned "external" SAM sites and radar towers could be vulnerable, while base's own defences are hidden below the ground and thus indestructible.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Destructable AA defences
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:59:52 am »
We fully intend to have this. It's on the TODO.

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Destructable AA defences
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 01:01:52 pm »
Great! I must have been inobservant and missed the "bombed" part on radar towers and SAM sites in TODO.
And I still can't find anything about aliens having AA defences too, is that also planned?

Btw, should current base defence and detection facilities be preserved? An option would be move it all outside the base. Current radar description tells that it uses multiple external dishes, and its sounds logical to place defences around the base, not inside it. Besides, it saves valuable base space. Just a suggestion.