project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: MacBook and Window Sizing  (Read 4821 times)

TwoADay

MacBook and Window Sizing
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:21:34 pm »
Congrats on 2.2, it loaded great. Thanks for creating an esy to manage .dmg

I had some issues with the window size however - the bottom of the window is below the screen, so one cannot scroll down on the tactical map. I attempted to run full screen once I noticed this, but it wouldn't go full screen. I would act as if it were trying, but it would revert to windowed mode, and keep the box unchecked.

As anyone else experienced this?

Once again, congrats.

TwoADay

Re: MacBook and Window Sizing
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:22:21 pm »
Found 2 more little errors:

I started a new game with the same profile. No text loaded (intro, or the 4 letters waiting in the mailbox). Any Ideas as to how to restore that?

I had a crash on the first level. I think I was moving too fast between elevations. Unfortunately, forgot how to create an error log on that kind of thing. Ill be happy to help squash some bugs now that I can easily load the software.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:08:19 am »
Found 2 more little errors:

I started a new game with the same profile. No text loaded (intro, or the 4 letters waiting in the mailbox). Any Ideas as to how to restore that?

I had a crash on the first level. I think I was moving too fast between elevations. Unfortunately, forgot how to create an error log on that kind of thing. Ill be happy to help squash some bugs now that I can easily load the software.

I had the no-text error once.  After restarting my mac it went away.

The changing elevation thing is a known error with 2.2.  I've avoided using the up and down arrows and not crashed for several days.

cordobatim

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 12:09:18 am »
I get the same issues on my MacBook. Possibly due to the window sizing, I couldn't get the window to scroll down.

I was getting text before, but now I don't, even though nothing has changed. And I get the random crashes. :-(

BadMrMojo

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 02:21:01 am »

Also, see this thread for more of the same. Resetting the language, exiting and starting back up seems to make it stick permanently as well.

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 11:04:59 pm »
Try avoiding the up/down arrow keys and use the w/s alternates instead.

TwoADay

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 05:13:06 pm »
Also, see this thread for more of the same. Resetting the language, exiting and starting back up seems to make it stick permanently as well.

Sorry about that, I saw that after I posted.

Any word about the window sizing? I could see some people being turned off because of that.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 07:28:59 pm »
Try avoiding the up/down arrow keys and use the w/s alternates instead.

or install newer sdl packages - this was an sdl bug and should be fixed already