project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alert level display feature req.  (Read 2321 times)

larson

Alert level display feature req.
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:07:52 pm »
Newcomer here, but I like what I have seen, and want to contribute what I can. First of all an small feature request... I'm not an expert on forum search, so my check didn't turn up anything similar.

In the geoscape view, Id like to have a small window with the current threat levels. Threats would be rated in e.g. 4 levels:
green - no aliens detected
yellow - ufo overflight
orange - ufo crash site
red - alien attack

Possibly a display that normaly is shaded green, when a threat appear it will have colored icons with the number of such threats, if you click on it it'll take you to the threat site. Lets you have full control of what the pesky b'tards are up to at the moment.

Reason for this is of course that I actually missed an attack one time, when the message got lost behind something like a transfer completed msg or something. No big deal, but I had to reload the save and try again. Guess it may have lowered my score too :-(

I added an horrible q'n'd mockup to explain what I'd like to have. I'll be here to discuss the idea further, if anyone care. And I will be back and try to do whatever I can to help dev of this. UFO:EU is my all-time favorite game. Even beats Scorched earth :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Alert level display feature req.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:57:20 pm »
Reason for this is of course that I actually missed an attack one time, when the message got lost behind something like a transfer completed msg or something.

I'm not sure about this solution, but yes, you've pointed out a problem.  It's very easy to miss the forming of new terror sites if your timing is bad.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:50:35 am by eleazar »

larson

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:40:22 pm »
What half decent security force does not have an threat alert display in their super secret command center anyway. Of course this should be in place in the geoscape :-)
You have seen my awesome graphics skill. I volunteer to design this for the game, if someone else just makes the code. (Or should I put that as a threat? ;-)

nemchenk

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:55:10 am »
ROFL ! ;D