project-navigation
Personal tools

Poll

More research options, Pick your loot at the end of a Mission, you can keep fighting ufo's after game completion

agree
4 (80%)
disagree
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: suggestion  (Read 3199 times)

kane210420

suggestion
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:46 am »
More research options, Pick your loot at the end of a Mission, you can keep fighting ufo's after game completion. add this it would make the game ten times better even though its so good already

MerlinCleric

Re: suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:55:26 pm »
Indeed.

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:17:14 pm »
What does "pick your loot at the end of a mission" actually mean?

Surely you can only take whatever the enemies had, not some kind of lucky grab bag.

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:10:57 pm »
where should new research options come from? If you have ideas, make proposals and these will be took into decision...
pick up loot after mission could be needed if plans for aircraft storage capacity will be implemented - you cannot take all if aircraft is full of stuff you took to the battlefield...
as I understood, storyline is open 'til now - I think it would be possible to let you play further after final missions - but would that be fun? no new research, no new enemies... only better soldiers...

kane210420

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 11:39:25 am »
pick your loot meaning a list of whatever is in the mission's area and you click what to take and what to destroy so you don't have millions of alien cadavers or alien knives when you already have a good operation going

kane210420

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 11:50:39 am »
more research ideas:

Faster and cooler interceptors ?
mech. warrior style body armor ?
Personal forcefield ?
Personal Cloaking device?
Nuke Grenades?
Targeting goggles that increase accuracy and tu cost?

not research  ideas :
another alien specimen very large and very difficult to kill ?
interceptor and ufo combat maybe have a little flight sim combat mini-game?

Smig

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:32:14 pm »
About the research options, the issue is not quantity but quality. If people can come up and elaborate on good ideas that will add something meaningfull to the gameplay, if they make sense in the context of the game, if game balance issues are foreseen and if you hopefully could provide content (texts, models, textures, whatever), I'm sure they will eventually be picked up. I don't know how the developers are working and what their plans are but I see so much to do that simply adding "more" research options is probably not the priority right now.

The lack of ability to choose the loot didn't bother me at all, it seemed to me that most of the stuff was sold automatically anyway, I didn't look but you can probably define what should be sold automatically.

About keeping fighting ufo's after the game ends, personally I wouldn't keep playing but I think that should still be possible and easily done.

About a ufo combat flight sim mini-game, I disagree. I think the way it's done is not very gorgeous right now but I like the way it's headed. I find the way "UFO: Extraterrestrials" handled that is the most fun of all UFO-themed games and "UFO: AI" is headed the same way which is fine by me.