project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Moved from Design: Antithetical Ideologies  (Read 3399 times)

Panthera Leo

Moved from Design: Antithetical Ideologies
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:08:00 am »
Quote from: shevegen

However, with that beind said, the term
"natural selection"
is even more problematic than fitness, because natural selection is just a lazy word for describing MANY different things altogether. I dont like this term. There is nothing "natural" about it, it just happens because of many DIFFERENT reasons.
And "Selection" is also not really important, because as long as either some offspring survive and reproduce, or there are other mates in your population, it hardly matters.

As a concept, "natural selection" does not explain a lot.  Only "intelligent design" or "life-arrived-from-outside-planet-earth" are more annoying. Both explain 0. They just state something which you can never verify. (Although I believe at some later point we can proof how "life" emerged. My theory is that the molecular machinery came into existance in the deep sea with Ribosomes that folded inside of liposomes using some cationic metal factors ... maybe sulphuryl-bonds. Chemistry will be able to answer that more accurately, after all life is nothing than a few genes and enzymes in a compound called a cell capable of setting together ATP and nucleotides)

What would be a LOT better as a concept would be co-evolution. This way you could exactly describe why certain birds have such a beak, and certain others a different beak.

Edited in for context:
Quote from: Panthera Leo
Rather then drag the issue out into a "He said", "She said" I'll just rip the beating heart out of that issue and serve it on a silver platter to you:

If we evolved, then we are our own master, "Eat drink, and be marry for tomorrow we die."

If the God, as in the God of the Bible, made us, then by being one of his creations, are accountable to him. (,And he's pissed! Better find some mercy! Romans 4:4-8, Acts 4:12,John 3:10-20)

However, if you're so sure of your case, go claim the $250,000 reward.

Quote from: Kildor
WTF???

What`s f**ing sectarians in forum???

Full quotes

I would very much not to have to fight the fight, but if I'm right failing to do so has too high a price.  :-\  I like being friendly (Well, I also like being sarcastic, but that's one of my character flaws that is, hopefully, being addressed.) . However the quote is antithetical to my understanding. So I take the statement as a personal attack. Even if not meant as one, I can not be rashenal and ignore it. Either I'm right can can keep doing what I'm doing or wrong. In which case, to quote C.S.Lewis:

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

That is, one or the other can be true or they can be both wrong; However, they can't both be right! If you think it wrong then I first suggest you start with the first critics of the book, and work your way forward to today. Better to be prepared then reinvent the wheel. Which case either above statement is right, and I just showed you how to earn your self a easy quarter million!! Free 250,000 dolllars! You want to say no to free money, and impunity to guilt!?

??? If you want to say no to that, go find the nice men in white coats, they have a nice padded room for you.

Failing that, There is a God! In which case ignoring him is not the way to go. I'm rather bound by a quote: "If you have the cure to cancer, and everyone you know and love is dieing of cancer. Would you keep the cure to your self?" I can't conceive them both being wrong. We came from somewhere and in the absents of other proposals one must be right. So I either handed you free money(FREE MONEY!), or something worth at least looking into...

Take your pick, it's a free gift either way. It's Unfortunate it maybe found offensive, but it is not currently in my character to silently let is slide. The game is nice, don't get me wrong, but the issue has real life applications.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 06:11:26 am by Panthera Leo »