project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UT Preserve Functions  (Read 2609 times)

Yeager

UT Preserve Functions
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:44:55 am »
A great thing would be if there would be several possibilities to preserve UTs for the following actions:

-> throwing blind grenade (14 UTs)
-> changing position (1 UT)
-> retreat (let's say 5 UTs)
-> or simply: predefined, that means, the user may got the possibility to setup a certain amount of Time Units he wants to preserve.

Reaction fire preserve units do almost work.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:48:31 am by Yeager »

SpaceWombat

Re: UT Preserve Functions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:51:36 pm »
For this to be useful you need to know the exact TUs it takes for a certain action (item in holster or backpack...). Once you know this what's the gain?
You get information about how many TUs will be left when performing the next action (e.g. 12/31 TUs). You can do easy subtraction.  ;)

I think this is too specific to be of use for all players.

Hoehrer

Re: UT Preserve Functions
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 03:26:17 pm »
Actually a basic support for this type of reservation is already in the making (current 2.3 development code).

Although right now there are no user-defined reservations, only for crouching/standing up (and for shooting to some extend, if you misuse the reaction-reservation for it).

I'm not sure how much I'll get done, but at least 2 things may get implemented additional to reservations for crouching:
  • Reservation for shooting (i.e. reserve a value from one of the firemodes of your weapons).
  • Custom value (Enter your own value).
Both are currently lacking a good way to make them available to the player (i.e. no good GUI integration), but that may change in the future.

Werner