project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Auto-completing missions  (Read 3133 times)

Opeth666

Auto-completing missions
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:16:18 pm »
Will my soldiers get kills and experience if I auto-complete recovery missions?  If yes, how are the kills and experience determined?

SpaceWombat

Re: Auto-completing missions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:30:07 pm »
According to my experience they currently do not get any kills and therefore no xp/leveling up of skills. Might be random though.

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:41:45 am »
According to my experience they currently do not get any kills and therefore no xp/leveling up of skills. Might be random though.

I second that observation. No kills, no skills, plus you sometimes lose...

Opeth666

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:29:48 am »
That's what I thought as well.  I had to replay a couple of missions, including a shoot-down, and one of my guys got promoted to lance-corporal, which didn't happen last time around when I auto-resolved.  Oddly enough I sometimes find the recovery missions tougher than the regular stuff because of how the UFOs get placed and its difficult to get an approach angle.

Aiki-Knight

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:15:54 am »
I think the auto-mission is really an interesting idea, although I myself never use it, simply because I have a certain tactical style, and don't trust the computer to use it. Still, I think it's a very innovative idea that addresses the developments in the genre, and there's no reason to take it out. Rather, it will facilitate the play of those who tire of the ground missions, and should remain in the game if it's not a burden to the developers. Developers, well-done!