project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Game ends on 5. Jan. 2085  (Read 3166 times)

Wintermaerz

Game ends on 5. Jan. 2085
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:23:39 pm »
Suddenly the game ends with a messge "thanks for playing ufo_ai".
Nothing happens before. What happens?

Offline TumbleWeed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Game ends on 5. Jan. 2085
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 12:18:25 am »
This happened to me too, only around Dec 22th 2084. Actually, I just noticed there's a remedy...
Hit Esc as soon as the "thank you for playing" screen comes. Seemed to work for me anyway (after 1 minute of testing).

***PLOT SPOILERS BELOW!***
Just in case this info helps... Last mission involved "aliens trying to spread xvi virus". It was first mission of that kind. The map I got was 'corrupt_city04n' (in which one of my soldiers also got stuck on a ramp inside the huge ufo). The target location showed as TODO on Geoscape. The mission started between Dec 8th-12th, I think.
***SPOILERS END***
On a related note, I fast forwarded few months after the "thanks" screen and got no missions. No ufos, no terror sites, no alien activity whatsoever. Also never got the technology that was supposed to lead to researching different UFO types, even though I had captured a fighter and a harvester. And they were even listed in the research list but the game wouldn't allow researching them. (although I heard capturing an intact ufo scout is a workaround for that)

Aaanyway... just hit Esc :)
(playing version 2.2, WinXP SP2 (updates from Jan 2008),... might edit in system specs later, too tired now)

Wintermaerz

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 02:03:31 am »
All you say is correct. Same here. I had this virus-mission. Two of my soldiers couldnt move. It was the middle entrance on the left side of the ufo. Anyway, i could success this mission. A month later, i got this screen. Pressing escape helps, but no further mission. Too, i could not research the ufo-technologies. I startet an other post to this. But it seems, there is a connection.
I startet a new game. Maybe that will help.

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 12:13:48 pm »
It probably wont help...really sounds like you have reached the current end of the storyline, as the game is still evolving...

Aiki-Knight

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:12:56 am »
I guess that's understandable. I'll just have to re-play to hone my skills. But it sure is great that we can at least the beta versions. This team is fantastic. Long live UFO:AI!