project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cyber-Soldiers  (Read 3265 times)

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Cyber-Soldiers
« on: January 26, 2008, 10:47:53 pm »
I'm sitting here, waiting for the newest version of this great game to load, and I read that Implants haven't been implemented yet.  So I'm wondering, is this an item we can expect to see in a few months, or is it a more distant dream?  Also, what can we expect when the Implant feature has been implanted in the game?  ;)

I'm guessing that implants will increase the stats and skills of soldiers.  I'm looking forward to reading the descriptions to the new implants in the UFOpedia!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Cyber-Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:45:28 pm »
This isn't something that will be done soon, at least not in an official release. Even if we do get around to implementing them within a few months (which I doubt), they will not be part of a 2.2.x release. You'll have to check back on the development version periodically.

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:16:05 am »
That's cool, I don't mind playing the development versions.  They tend to be *fairly* stable.
Besides, cybernetics never work right on the first try, right?  ;)

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:38:29 pm »
Speaking of cybernetic enhancements, I wonder about opposing side. Alien autopsies show cybernetic enhancements and I wonder if infested humans would finally get those too? So human cyborg opponents could appear later. And that infested PHALANX guy, stuffed with augumentations to the point of losing human appearance, could make a good intermediate boss. A bit of cliched, I admit, but cliches are unavoidable.