Technical support > Linux

Can't start 2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0

(1/2) > >>

nome:
Hi,  I downloaded 2.2 a couple of days ago and haven't been able to get it to work.

I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 (standard x86 install)

When I first tried running the game I got an error with libcurl.so.4 but I followed the instructions in another post to create a symbolic link using "sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4.0.0 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4" this seems to have rectified the issue with libcurl but now I get the following error:

./ufo: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't find the version 2 of libSDL and I've no idea how to get this running, anyone else had any luck?

I had no problems getting version 2.1 to run.

nome:
Okay I got it running, first off I had to change the libraries so that just about everything is enabled, then I downloaded libcurl and libSDL,  I can't remember the exact steps I was playing around for a while.

I have noticed an issue whereby the screen keeps dropping from full-screen to a window every few minutes, and about 15 seconds later it goes back to full screen  any ideas?

Nevasith:
Could you please describe exactly what you did? I got the same problem, and nothing helped so far!

Mattn:
deactivate compiz

BAM:
Please help me too! Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version