project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Release 2.2 discussion  (Read 10855 times)

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Release 2.2 discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 06:42:08 pm »
 ;D
Oh shit! Silly me!
Btw nice Interface in Hospital.
Now I have to investigate what implatant is ...

Opeth666

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 03:54:06 am »
I'm having an issue in 2.2 where my dropship's speed has inexplicably dropped to 4 from 6, and now it can't reach new zealand for a mission.  in fact it can only get to the centre of africa from the Caribbean, which is less than a third of the globe.  Any ideas why this could be?  the only thing I added to it was a particle beam weapon, but I didn't see a description about speed modifiers for it.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 05:06:46 am »
--there's no incentive to stay put and steady your aim...

Crouching improves your aim with many weapons.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:51 am »
I'm having an issue in 2.2 where my dropship's speed has inexplicably dropped to 4 from 6, and now it can't reach new zealand for a mission.  in fact it can only get to the centre of africa from the Caribbean, which is less than a third of the globe.  Any ideas why this could be?  the only thing I added to it was a particle beam weapon, but I didn't see a description about speed modifiers for it.

Check that you didn't add an armour or a tank fuel. If not, remove your particle beam and check that the speed goes back to its initial value.
If not, open game console (with "^" key), and type: "debug_aircraftlist".
In the output, you have the description of every PHALANX aircraft. Find your dropship (line "Aircraft Firebird-class Dropship"), and copy here the 12 next lines (no need to copy the team composition).

Cirdan

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 01:33:50 pm »
Crouching improves your aim with many weapons.
It's non-optional with the sniper rifle as far as I'm concerned--but you spend 1 TU getting up and 1 TU kneeling, so it's definately not incompatible witha  mobile firefight.

Opeth666

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »
I think it was the particle beam weapon, because I soon as I took it off my speed went back up to 7 and I could do the mission.  Or I could have, except that on reload, it gave me an error.  I had the troop carrier and a fighter in the air at the time, based on the console error message, I think the problem was related to that. 

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 11:18:53 pm »
I think it was the particle beam weapon, because I soon as I took it off my speed went back up to 7 and I could do the mission.  Or I could have, except that on reload, it gave me an error.  I had the troop carrier and a fighter in the air at the time, based on the console error message, I think the problem was related to that. 

If you manage to reproduce the bug, please open a bug tracker and attach a savegame.