Technical support > Mac

UFOpedia question

<< < (4/5) > >>

Mattn:
the languages and language codes are in base/ufos/languages.ufo - maybe that will help you, too

Voice:
Just a quick thought, but wouldn't it make sense to actually use the ISO language codes to keep track of the languages?  You don't have to worry about defining what languages mean what, because it's already taken care of, and you can provide a fallback to matching on the first 2 letters of the language code if there's no exact match.  (For example, if you have an en_US, and someone's system is set to use en_GB, you can detect that and match on the en until someone works up an en_GB translation.

gruush:
Just thought I'd jump in with my first post and mention that I am experiencing this same problem. Did anyone ever come to any conclusions about this?

I'm downloading the 2.2 universal binary now, just to make sure I was on the right version. I'll poke around with it a bit and report back!

Doctor J:

--- Quote from: gruush on April 12, 2008, 04:18:47 pm ---I'm downloading the 2.2 universal binary now, just to make sure I was on the right version. I'll poke around with it a bit and report back!

--- End quote ---

There are lots of problems with that binary, including that it's built with an older version of SDL that sometimes causes the game to crash when switching levels in the battlescape.  I guess it was easier to blame the library than it was to provide a new binary.

gruush:

--- Quote from: Doctor J on April 12, 2008, 05:04:01 pm ---There are lots of problems with that binary, including that it's built with an older version of SDL that sometimes causes the game to crash when switching levels in the battlescape.  I guess it was easier to blame the library than it was to provide a new binary.

--- End quote ---

Hrm, so is there a different build I should be using for a stable Mac experience?

I was able to resolve the text file issue by selecting a language in the options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version