Technical support > Mac

UFOpedia question

<< < (3/5) > >>

Mattn:
there should be more - what happens when you try to select one of the languages from the options menu?

Aledrinker:
Fixed!   Choosing a language and restarting the game worked.   Thanks everyone!

billb:
I'm having the same issue.  Worked fine for me the first time I played, and then I quit to check my email.  When I restarted, all the research results and proposals were replaced with the_txt_file_names, like so.

I thought I could clear it up by choosing a language too, so I chose English, loaded my game, and no luck.  I'm running v 2.2, the .dmg.

Otherwise, I haven't had an issue.  Thanks so much for making this.  I've been waiting a long time for XCOM on a mac.

EDIT:  Got it working.  Switched to another language, switched back to English, quit immediately, relaunched, and it worked!

Mattn:
and this happens everytime when you quit the game and restart it?

asgalon:
Hi folks!

I am currently taking a look at the language setup code. I think there is an error in how the language codes are resolved.
For example, I tried with "es_ES.UTF8" in s_language (I am not quite sure how this got into the configuration from the environment definition. It does not get matched during CL_LanguageInit() because it is checked literally against the language code "es" only. I think there is a confusion between locale specification and language codes, but I have not yet fully analyzed the code.
BTW there is a locale called "est" for estonian in the distribution. This does not really look like a 2 letter ISO code and is likely to break internationalisation a bit. (I discovered that while experimentally cutting down the string compare to the first two letters to isolate the language code only...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version