project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: First aid?  (Read 13551 times)

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

First aid?
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:32:45 pm »
how do you use the first aid kits?

canahari

Re: First aid?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 06:17:25 pm »
how do you use the first aid kits?

You cannot use it on yourself. So stand with a teammate next to the wounded one, and use it (heal option - the pack must be in the medic"s hands).

canahari

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 06:36:12 pm »
By the way guys, how about some balancing here?
Healing the soldiers in hospital is good idea, but it's very slow -- especially when I can get to the battlefield with my wounded troops, and heal them there with medicpacks instead.
In my opinion the hospital way is more realistic.
I liked the ufo1-ufo2 way with mortal wounds, but I could be happy with almost anything else too. For example the heal of the pack could be temporary; the plus hit points could disappear with time or after the end of the mission.

Opinions? 

DaNippers

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 02:03:55 am »
I Like the idea that Medipacks heal temporary (That is to say from a realistic view not a player view, lol), But I think Hospitals need either improved to work a little faster or Faster with more Doctors, Or a way to research faster healing techiques and Tech's (Ala Nano-technology and Cloned organs lol). But yeah the Temporary healing sounds more balanced for medi-packs.

ab.er.rant

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:12:23 am »
Yes for temporary healing, otherwise the hospital and the medics are mostly a waste of space and money.

sathie

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:51:26 am »
The way they were handled in X-COM was probably the perfect use for them.  Heal critical wounds and stop people bleeding to death, but only granting a small amount of health back.

SpaceWombat

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:01:32 am »
What about percentage Healing?
If your soldier gets wounded lightly you can heal let's say 50%-70% of the damage.
The more serious the case the less percentage you can heal on the battlefield.
That also prevents "temporal healing" from actually kill the soldiers or let him have negative health (if possible for the variable) after the mission.

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 07:46:53 pm »
The way medikits are handled right now, percentages would have te be coded somehow...I agree to the effect, that hospitals and medics are quite useless right now. Once the skill advancement is fully implemented, I would completely agree to temporary healing. But I think to greatly reduce the effectiveness of the medipacks would dangerously increase the amount of losses in battle...and I think UFO:AI in difficult enough right now. Just take into consideration, that loosing an experienced soldier (lets say 20+ missions) a catastophic event... you are absolutely dependant on vets to stay competetive...

I might have to add, that i really like to play the game with elite troops and i like to see them getting better and competetive...

stedly

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 11:05:28 pm »
I agree with the above, right now I find myself destroying the hospital buildings and putting something else there, and the implants button is just a tease for me as well.  For right now, Id rather save the money spent on the hospitals and medics and just hire another soldier when one dies.

But I do like the idea, maybe if healing was instantaneous instead, and the implants were more of a temporary enhancement, like sterroids.  Then there can be certain types of enhancements, such as accuracy, speed, etc.

In fact I just got a starcraft idea in my head, and give the soldiers in the mission some stimpacks to give them a boost of TUs for a round or two with the loss of some valuable health.  Of course the above would have to be researchable, but it would be a nice fun feature to have.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 11:19:09 pm »
Do doctors currently have any function?

stedly

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:34 pm »
To heal, at a medicaid or hmo sort of rate.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 04:56:46 am »
To heal, at a medicaid or hmo sort of rate.

Huh? ???

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 05:21:00 am »
I think stedly means that the doctors will heal you, eventually, after ALL the paperwork is filled out, provided they can't find a loophole to avoid helping you.  In other words, at a very, very slow rate.

Styxarius

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 05:04:14 am »
healing system in x-com 1 and 2 was perfect cant see any way of making it better. Altough i quite liked the ability to revive dead soldiers in ufo:aftershock 

DaCheetah

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 12:13:09 pm »
Built my first hospital, found it far from valuable.  My injured Operatives are just sitting there basically healing at the same rate they would elsewhere.  I'm attempting a medikit operation on the next mission, while i've got a congregation of troops at the ship, I'll follow the red cross sign on the wall and medikit my operatives up.