project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Computer down for repair - Projects, dev builds, and contributions on hold...  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Just an FYI to all here - One of my main work computers, the one I do a lot of 3D modeling and also usually compile test builds of UFO: AI on before uploading them - is having issues and I expect it to not be in working condition for a few days while I re-format the new drives and re-install all the operating systems and software.  It's mostly a software issue, not hardware, so it shouldn't take too long and isn't real serious, just inconvenient.  Oh, and BTW all my files (including UFO: AI projects) are indeed backed up, so I won't lose anything.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Update:  In the meantime, I dug out the "beater" - an old, single-core celeron that came with a floppy drive and has only half a gig of RAM - And I plan to temporarily use the old thing to compile an occasional dev build or do some work in Blender.  The interesting part is that I think it can compile the game, but I don't know if it can actually run it or not...

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
OK, I got the (regular, not the beater) computer back and up and running.  Now I just have to re-install all the apps and stuff, then later today I might be able to start uploading more Windows dev builds, depending on how long some of these things take...

odie

OK, I got the (regular, not the beater) computer back and up and running.  Now I just have to re-install all the apps and stuff, then later today I might be able to start uploading more Windows dev builds, depending on how long some of these things take...

Ah, i know i am > 1 month late, (due to my silly ISP), but i still wanna congrats u on rigging up that non-beater machine! LOL.

Isnt great to have that machine in 'factory-state' again? LOL. :D