Personal tools

Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 2658 times)

Offline s9ilent

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Ideas
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:03:15 pm »
Map Idea
- For the underground bunker map, texture the top of the walls (all the black doesn't look to good), and also consider texturing the TOP of the closed blast doors red, and the top of the open ones green (Like a little light, just to indicate to the player, its rather annoying how you have to keep rotating the camera every which way in such a confined map with so many corners

- New map idea's:
Strong hold defence (Preferably not at your base)
Bloodspider infestation
Alien bases/hives ? (or is this to come later?)

Spawn Idea
Choose where you want your troops to deploy within a given area, and which way they face (for balancing reasons, facing/deploying your troops should NOT reveal enemies to prevent abuse)

Grenades Idea
A third throw type with an even higher arc (to get through those small high windows with out having to run backwards )
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:19:09 pm by s9ilent »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 03:04:36 pm »
Map Idea
- For the underground bunker map, texture the top of the walls (all the black doesn't look to good), and also consider texturing the TOP of the closed blast doors red, and the top of the open ones green (Like a little light, just to indicate to the player, its rather annoying how you have to keep rotating the camera every which way in such a confined map with so many corners

Hi, I'm the guy who made that map. I don't exactly understand what you mean with coloring the tops of the doors. Also, keep in mind that the colors don't have anything to do with the open/closed status of the door. They're different for the east/north/west wings.

Offline s9ilent

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:01 am »
If you rotate the camera to get a birds eye view, the tops of the doors are black (as opposed to a textured metal grey colour like the door).  And as for the colours, I was just suggesting that a little green/red dot light be placed on top of the doors to signal its open/closed status, such that you can tell when in birds eye view

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:35:14 am »
Hm, I see what you mean. I never really considered that anyone would be playing with a pure top-down view.