project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug Report: Laboratory space  (Read 2286 times)

Offline s9ilent

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bug Report: Laboratory space
« on: January 20, 2008, 01:56:48 pm »
I'm not to sure how this one occurs, but some time during game play (strategic level) your laboratory space will be used by a "phantom project"
That is, you have have 30/30 scientists (available/all), but you would have 9/30 (used/total) laboratory space

The only way to get rid of this bug (that I've found) is to complete all outstanding research projects that the base was ALREADY researching, then un-hire all the scientists, then destroy all the laboratories, then rebuild + rehire.

You can also produce a bug message (Assertion error) by doing the following
Suppose this problem is occurring at Base1. If you go to another base (Base2) and then set its research projects to 0 scientists.
{Minor bug here, even with 0 scientists it will say its still being researched, I think this is where the laboratory space goes to}
Any way, with its 0 scientists left, it still says its researching so you press the stop research button, then you try assigning more scientists from Base2, to the now un-researched projects (previously from Base1), and this produces the assertion error.
Althought I believe that fixing the initial problem would probably remove the cirumstances for this second issue all together

SpaceWombat

Re: Bug Report: Laboratory space
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:45:26 pm »
I recently ran into the same problem.
Destroying labs and unhiring scientists didn't help for me. I had to free the base from any research activities.  :'(
It might have something to do with scientist transfer but this might be just a coincident.

I also had a displaying bug. One scientist was displayed to be available for one project only and not for any other. I did never employ him, he just appeared on the research screen (therefore I cannot tell which base he might be in if any). I got rid of the 1 displayed by clicking the "decrease number" button for this one project. This might be part of the problem but I cannot be sure.

Hope this helps find the bug if not already solved.  ;)

vogonistic

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:40:41 am »
I had this problem as well. If you transfer scientists that are working on a project, they destroy the areas they have been working on so you can't reuse it for something else. Ok, perhaps they aren't destroying the space, but it definitely keeps being occupied.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:48:02 pm »
Just had that happen.  here is a sequence of events:
1. Base 1 on has a 3 labs, 30 eggheads working on a project.
2. Base 2 has 2 labs buit + all supporting building needed for reasearch.
3. Moved ALL scientists to base 2 (yes, I am a moron)
4. While they were in transit, I destroyed two labs at Base 1
5. Scientists arrive at Base 2, and 20 get to work.  As soon as I realize that the other 10 are drinking beer, they got on the plain back to Base 1.  Yes, more beer was served on the flight.
6. When they got back to Base 1, all 10 spaces in the lab showed "occupied" (by empty beer bottles, at that point?)
7. Solution: now building the 3rd lab at Base 2, moved 1 of everything to Base 2, will move the (by now alcoholic) scintists to Base 2. 
8. Will blow up the 3rd lab in Base 1, turn it into more living quarters and workshop,s I guess - got 2 workshops already, but one can never have too many lasers!