project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: About soldiers and scientists  (Read 3520 times)

sirg

About soldiers and scientists
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:53:29 am »
I bet it's all random, but 70% of all my soldiers are female (I even have a all women squad - the amazons  ;D ).

However, all scientists, doctors and workers are male, which is odd, considering the fact that most special forces hardly ever take women soldiers, but women are quite common among scientists, medics and so on. An other remark is that the scientist model looks to much like doctor Evil, sharing the same model with the doctors. Scientists should look different. I'm not saying they should look like Einstein, but they could have a different outfit.

Almost every soldier is either caucasian or asian, and all have English names. It's odd to see that Africa gave me 5 soldiers and all are caucasian. Where are the african soldiers?

The names are pretty repetitive - I have 3 Clintons (all women, but not Hilary) and 4 Crawfords (no Cindy yet).

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: About soldiers and scientists
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:19 pm »
However, all scientists, doctors and workers are male, which is odd, considering the fact that most special forces hardly ever take women soldiers, but women are quite common among scientists, medics and so on. An other remark is that the scientist model looks to much like doctor Evil, sharing the same model with the doctors. Scientists should look different. I'm not saying they should look like Einstein, but they could have a different outfit.

Almost every soldier is either caucasian or asian, and all have English names. It's odd to see that Africa gave me 5 soldiers and all are caucasian. Where are the african soldiers?

The names are pretty repetitive - I have 3 Clintons (all women, but not Hilary) and 4 Crawfords (no Cindy yet).

We know.

There are threads on these topics.  More skins are being made, and some are already made, but weren't plugged in for 2.2.

In 2.2 the name list was rather short: 32 surnames, so expect repeats.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 06:33:55 pm »
That reminds me.

SpaceWombat

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 01:26:59 am »
Are the soldiers planned to be 50/50 males and females?

Any girls in this forum who would like to see an "equality quota"?  ;D

btfx

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 05:46:57 am »
I got a Bill Clinton.  :P

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 05:54:54 am »
Are the soldiers planned to be 50/50 males and females?

It's already random.

SpaceWombat

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 04:12:10 pm »
If it should look more realistic soldiers should be male with a probability far above 50%.
While scientists and medics might be slightly over 50% female (in younger generation of the US women hold more university degrees already as I read recently).