project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.2 Mac dmg install  (Read 24391 times)

GoreLeech

Re: 2.2 Mac dmg install
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 04:18:09 am »
G'day.
I'm totally new to this...but I've read the entirety of this post...and it mirrors my own problem (yes I AM on 10.3.9 >.<) I am in the process of downloading the DMG off of Sourceforge.net.
thank goodness for this, if it truely IS the fix (on a side note, i would suggest letting the good folks at Apple Downloads page know of this update. I obtained my "copy" of UFOAI from there, and it obviously was the "bad" copy, that does not work on this OS.)
That is All. in a few minutes I will know if this patch-esque version you have so graciously released is worth the time and effort. ^-^ from the looks of it, this should be a decent game (if this decrepit old eMac will run it >.< Sadly I DO have an Intel, 10.4.11 iMac, 2 gigs of RAM the whole bit.....but its the family comp, and it's annoying to have nothing good on this little ol' eMac.)

:EDIT:

No It did NOT work, sadly. it seemed to be having trouble copying the UFOAI.app to the desktop. It gives me the message of "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "0music.pk3" could not be read or written. (Error code -36)."
Let me know if you wish to obtain the error logs, ill gladly supply
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:02:16 am by GoreLeech »

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Mac dmg install
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 11:01:33 pm »
Sorry, the game does not work on 10.3.x due to an incompatibility in the system libraries.