Technical support > Mac

2.2 Mac dmg install

<< < (8/10) > >>

legend_c4a@yahoo.com:
I see a download that has a date of january 11th, is this right? I downloaded that and it still won't work! i'm hoping maybe i'm supposed to wait a little longer?

Mock:
First I'd like to say, thank you so very much for such a great game, and with a Mac version too!

I have successfully downloaded and played on my intel MacBook running 10.4.x, however my brother is having problems with his G5 powermac.  Here is his crashlog:

--- Quote ---**********

Host Name:      Beatrice.local
Date/Time:      2008-01-20 16:00:48 -0800
OS Version:     10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
Report Version: 2

Command: ufo
Path:    /Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo
Version: ??? (???)
PID:     563
Thread:  Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo Undefined
symbols:
/Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo undefined reference
to ___stderrp expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo undefined reference
to ___stdoutp expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping it's not just because he's running 10.3.  Any help would be appreciated!

tchristney:
Unfortunately it is only because he is running 10.3. I was just testing this on my old computer and am getting the same messages. The program is trying to dynamically link to code that apparently is non-existent in 10.3. I will try to investigate whether or not I can make it work on 10.3 but I can't guarantee anything.

--- Quote from: Mock on January 21, 2008, 01:29:01 am ---First I'd like to say, thank you so very much for such a great game, and with a Mac version too!

I have successfully downloaded and played on my intel MacBook running 10.4.x, however my brother is having problems with his G5 powermac.  Here is his crashlog:

I'm hoping it's not just because he's running 10.3.  Any help would be appreciated!

--- End quote ---

tchristney:

--- Quote from: legend_c4a@yahoo.com on January 20, 2008, 11:23:13 pm ---I see a download that has a date of january 11th, is this right? I downloaded that and it still won't work! i'm hoping maybe i'm supposed to wait a little longer?

--- End quote ---

The dates didn't change for the updated dmg file, but I assure you the file is different. So if you downloaded it after my post here at 11:16 (seems to be pretty fast turn around...) then the problem must be somewhere else. But don't give up hope! I really do want you to be able to run the game, and fixing your problems with it will only help everyone else!

Edit: I am still seeing zero downloads on the sourceforge.net downloads page so I'm guessing you still have the old version.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com:
Well hot damn! its running, the damn game is running. god bless you guys! you have no idea how much I wanted to get that old x-com type gameplay this weekend.

alright guys, I'll let you know what I think of the game, gonna start playing right now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version