project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.2 Mac dmg install  (Read 23123 times)

stormcrow

Re: 2.2 Mac dmg install
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 08:27:42 pm »
Ok try and put the SDL.framework folder in the <REPLACE WITH YOUR INSTALL PATH TO GAME>/UFOAI.app/Contents/Frameworks/ and rerun the game.

Just that folder.  It's what I did to get it working.  It's odd you don't get a crashlog file.  I can only suggest that you repair permissions via the DiskUtility tool.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2008, 08:48:21 pm »
nothing!  >:(
I open the game and I see a window for a split second and it disappears. I just don't think this is going to work, this shouldn't be so damn difficult. tchristney said he's going to put up a new DMG for download, whats the ETA on that? I will give that a chance and if not, I will have to stop trying, this is really making my weekend a sour one.

I really am thankful for all your help gentlemen!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:55:41 pm by legend_c4a@yahoo.com »

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2008, 09:10:39 pm »
OK, the modified dmg has been uploaded to sourceforge.net but we have to wait for one of the project developers to get it onto the main download site.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2008, 09:17:51 pm »
cool, so we should be able to download it later today?
wish me luck guys!   :-\

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2008, 11:16:16 pm »
It should be up now. Good Luck!

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2008, 11:23:13 pm »
I see a download that has a date of january 11th, is this right? I downloaded that and it still won't work! i'm hoping maybe i'm supposed to wait a little longer?

Mock

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 01:29:01 am »
First I'd like to say, thank you so very much for such a great game, and with a Mac version too!

I have successfully downloaded and played on my intel MacBook running 10.4.x, however my brother is having problems with his G5 powermac.  Here is his crashlog:

Host Name:      Beatrice.local
Date/Time:      2008-01-20 16:00:48 -0800
OS Version:     10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
Report Version: 2

Command: ufo
Path:    /Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo
Version: ??? (???)
PID:     563
Thread:  Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo Undefined
symbols:
/Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo undefined reference
to ___stderrp expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Entertainment/Demos/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo undefined reference
to ___stdoutp expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I'm hoping it's not just because he's running 10.3.  Any help would be appreciated!

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 01:34:59 am »
Unfortunately it is only because he is running 10.3. I was just testing this on my old computer and am getting the same messages. The program is trying to dynamically link to code that apparently is non-existent in 10.3. I will try to investigate whether or not I can make it work on 10.3 but I can't guarantee anything.

First I'd like to say, thank you so very much for such a great game, and with a Mac version too!

I have successfully downloaded and played on my intel MacBook running 10.4.x, however my brother is having problems with his G5 powermac.  Here is his crashlog:

I'm hoping it's not just because he's running 10.3.  Any help would be appreciated!

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 01:41:18 am »
I see a download that has a date of january 11th, is this right? I downloaded that and it still won't work! i'm hoping maybe i'm supposed to wait a little longer?

The dates didn't change for the updated dmg file, but I assure you the file is different. So if you downloaded it after my post here at 11:16 (seems to be pretty fast turn around...) then the problem must be somewhere else. But don't give up hope! I really do want you to be able to run the game, and fixing your problems with it will only help everyone else!

Edit: I am still seeing zero downloads on the sourceforge.net downloads page so I'm guessing you still have the old version.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:03:14 am by tchristney »

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 02:47:06 am »
Well hot damn! its running, the damn game is running. god bless you guys! you have no idea how much I wanted to get that old x-com type gameplay this weekend.

alright guys, I'll let you know what I think of the game, gonna start playing right now!

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 04:00:53 am »
Great news! I advise all Mac users to use the newest version. There are some strange things going on with the old version which means that you may end up having two instances of the SDL library running. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, trust me that it is unlikely to be a good thing.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 05:03:33 pm »
Well! now that I have this game up and running, I absolutely love it. god damn this game brings back memories! great job fellas, keep up the good work. the only complaint I have is that I wish the game would give you a better idea of which soldier is under attack, thats about it for now, oh I also ran into a little problem where one of my soldiers walked into a garbage can and couldn't move for the rest of the mission, he could shoot just not move. no big deal it only happened once.

anyway, let me go back and play some more.

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 06:10:51 pm »
Problems like that can be fixed if they are recorded properly. Note down the level and location and if you can remember, the exact sequence of clicks that resulted in getting stuck (i.e. where he started from and where he was pointing when he started, where you clicked him to move to, etc. The more information the better!) Then follow the information in the bug reporting page and hopefully somebody will be able to fix it for the next release.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 08:07:07 pm »
yes, please make a screenshot of such situations - F12 is the key to make some - and open a bugtracker[1] item

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=805242&group_id=157793&func=browse

legend_c4a@yahoo.com

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 12:11:18 am »
Yikes! all I remember is this, it was a mission at a supermarket, and there was a garbage can in the entrance of the supermarket, I thought I had sent the soldier to the other side of the wall but he walked right up to the garbage can and he was done for the rest of the mission. I will make sure to take a pic and keep all the info the next time something like that happens. besides that, the game is way too much fun, and exactly what I was hoping for, keep up the good work!