Technical support > Mac

2.2 Mac dmg install

<< < (6/10) > >>

stormcrow:
tchristney

It's been a long time since I did any coding (and not on a mac) but I hear you about trying to replicate a vanilla install!

There's a couple of things I'd suggest

1) Mac gets it's own forum section, making it easier for mac users to find help and each other (few that we are)  ;)

2) When you build a dmg in future we should set the right expectation by calling it something like a Release Candidate until it's proved as working. Then we can just rename the package once we know it works.

And finally thanks for building this dmg, it saves me compiling the code and I always prefer the path of least resistance!!  Also if you want someone to test the images I'm happy to help out where I can provided I can avoid losing previous saved games etc!

BTAxis:

--- Quote from: stormcrow on January 20, 2008, 06:50:40 pm ---1) Mac gets it's own forum section, making it easier for mac users to find help and each other (few that we are)  ;)

--- End quote ---

Done.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com:
Honestly, I have no idea what I just did with that info I gave you, hopefully that's what you need, but with my luck it probably isn't.   :'(

stormcrow:
Thanks BTAxis!!

Legend

Yes I'm guessing since you placed the SDL.framework in /Library/frameworks it then got confused when it couldn't find the other frameworks.  Anyway now you've added the other two that should be better.  Does it work now?

Also you might want to edit that post as it shows your name, your choice.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com:
Honestly, now that I added the other two SDL's its not working at all. I have the UFOAI icon on the bottom of the screen bouncing up and down but nothing else.

I just don't think its meant to be, I'm giving up hope.   :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version