Technical support > Mac

2.2 Mac dmg install

<< < (3/10) > >>

kreo123:
Run it form terminal.app adding +set vid_fullscreen 1

So it should be run with something like this (from terminal):
/Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo +set vid_fullscreen 1

However, you'll probably have crash problems on tactical missions... I managed to finis only 1 out of 3 without a crash :(

stormcrow:
Just to confirm that the DMG doesn't work as built but adding the SDL files as per tchristney's instructions does resolve the issue.  FWIW I didn't need to use fullscreen.

I've only been playing briefly but have had no issues with the first 3 missions, UFO interceptions or any other game activities.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com:
I can't get this game to even start, and I really don't understand what you guys are talking about? SDL's? Framwork? what does all this mean. someone please help me getting this game running. I'm dying to play this game! I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out, lord have mercy I even downloaded dosbox to try and play x-com and I don't understand that either. I'm losing faith here.

stormcrow:
Grab the files from http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.13.dmg

Open the DMG and copy the SDL.framework folder to either /Library/Frameworks or (as I did) to <your install path to game>/UFOAI.app/Contents/Frameworks/

Then sit back, run game and enjoy!

BTW has anyone noticed there's a bug with reaction fire always taking 7 TU's and not reflecting the weapon or fire mode?  If not I'll open another topic for it.

legend_c4a@yahoo.com:
hey thanks for the help stormcrow, but I still need help. I put the sdl.framework folder in frameworks, what about the devel-lite folder that comes with the sdl.framework folder?

anyway, my problem is this, I can get as far as a screen with 3 characters and the planet behind them, then these options open up, volume etc....but as soon as I click on the screen the game crashes, I can still hear the music, but nothing else.....

what should I do now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version