project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: About destructible objects  (Read 2646 times)

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
About destructible objects
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:20:56 pm »
Well-well, I've read that the destructable environment is too hard to be created because of limitations of Q2 engine. But how about few destructible objects?

For example, on "Convoy" map I was very surprised seeing the fuel reservoirs (cisterns) taking explosions and shots without any problem. Such models should be made "half-destructible": the lorry itself may remain undestructable regardless of any condition, but the fuel cistern MUST explode after being shot. And it must spill the "napalm" around, causing more damage to nearby (non)human beings.

Also, I still will suggest to enter the "bots" into game. At least, on some maps, where the military personnel exists. Wouldn't you agree that it looks very strange that the camouflage-wearing men do not even try to resist aliens on "Bunker" and "Convoy" maps? And police guys from "Convoy" (well, the police car may be wrecked and the officers could be dead). These bots may be not too smart, they can simple fire in directions where they see an enemy without exact aiming.

mad-biker

Re: About destructible objects
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »
i like the idea of blowing a new door  into walls of buildings and ships. but yes, i think they should shoot back at the aliens, i recon they should take a few shots at us too, of they get scared or we acidently hurt them.