project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Grenades  (Read 7106 times)

Takai

Re: Grenades
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 07:43:45 pm »
The point of priming grenades in X-COM was to let the player decide how many turns it would take before the grenade went off.

I cannot possibly imagine a situation when timer was needed.

Maybe while using High Explosives for demolition or something. I don't know, I always used only grenades and launchers.

Surrealistik

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 10:06:31 pm »
I can. Timer delayed explosives would be great for setting up traps if you can predict and anticipate your opponent's movements. Saturate a structure with primed grenades in concealed locations/tiles for example, back off, then sit back and watch the fireworks and casualties.

Takai

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 11:35:18 pm »
Nonsense. Proximity Grenades were for a booby-traps (in my case almost exclusively UFO entrances).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:38:43 pm by Takai »

Surrealistik

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 11:43:20 pm »
Proximity grenades were also substantially less powerful than their manually/timer detonated counterparts (HE charge/alien grenade). Mind you, their motion trigger detonations generally make for more accurate and precise traps, but it'd be foolish to dismiss the utility of other grenades in this respect. Additionally, their appeal and utility in traps would become even more apparent if chain detonations were enabled. On that note, I would also like to see manually, remotely detonated charges (C-4 traps for the win).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 01:32:15 am by Surrealistik »