project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: First Impressions on the Mac  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
First Impressions on the Mac
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:45:36 pm »
I am deliriously happy to finally have this game on my Mac.  Here are some things i noticed:

1)  The loading screen could use a bar or some such showing load status.  I thought it had locked up.  Correction - there is a loading bar, but i can only see it in full screen mode.  Maybe it can be moved up and shrank to fit in the notch in the bottom of the graphic?

2)  The game apparently has to be played in full screen?  Running it in a window caused many buttons to be below the edge of the screen, even when i requested a window smaller than my screen.  Monitor mode:1024*768, requested window, 800*500.

3)  While in the mailclient, i was unable to scroll through the text by rolling my mouse's scroll wheel.  Neither was i able to click and drag the scroll bar.  Correction - The scroll wheel does work unless i get near the scroll bar.  I still can't click on it, though.  The same behavior occurs in the UFOpedia, etc.

4)  In the first 'Gameplay' tutorial, there is an area on the bottom of the screen labeled 'click here to exit'.  However, the mouse cursor seems to be invisible or disabled while on this screen?

Specifics: PowerMac G5 solo, 2GB mem, OS 10.4.11
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 08:09:22 pm by Doctor J »