project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: First impressions and some questions  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Geiss

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
First impressions and some questions
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:53:02 pm »
Hey everybody.

I'm new to UFO:AI but I've been really enjoying this game. I decided to post some of my first time observations for the benefit of the programmers. Some of it probably appears on the TODO list but these were the things that stuck out to me.

There are a few missions that have UFOs sitting on the map. If you kill all the crew, why can't you recover their perfectly intact spacecraft afterwards? Was reading in the wiki and noticed that crash site recovery wasn't implemented yet but I'm hoping you can recover UFOs that show up on the map if you eliminate the crew though since that would seem more realistic.

Intercepter implementation is still on the todo list but right now its possible for an Interceptor to land on Anti Terror missions. I accidently sent my Stilleto Interceptor to one without knowing it and when I hit accept mission I had one guy (the pilot) and the aircraft sitting there was the normal 8 man plane instead of the interceptor. I thought it was funny but I don't think that was what you guys intended to have happen.

The pool of peopel to hire doesn't seem to ever change though the wiki says it should. I also wasn't able to hire anyone for my other bases since I had hired everyone already at my main base. Anyhow, I really like this game and what you guys have managed to accomplish with it.

Geiss
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:51:17 pm by Geiss »

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: First impressions and some questions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:05:07 pm »
Retrieving UFOs and intercepting is both done in development, baring further problems, but yes if you put a soldier in the interceptor he can do missions all on his own, you can also choose not to put a soldier in the interceptor.

The pool of people you have to hire from is increased at the end of every month.