project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Wow great game.!!  (Read 9219 times)

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Wow great game.!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 02:00:23 am »
is this a humanoid, too? then i can do the animation

No, otherwise I would've talked to you about it a long time ago.

Sean_E, Wings can export to .obj and .3ds, so I can make a pack in your preferred format if you want, or you can just install Wings yourself (lovely modelling program, only one I'll use) and export 'em.

Regards,
Winter

Offline Sean_E

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 03:04:52 am »
Yeah, I forgot that Wings was free.  I already downloaded it and exported the models to Max.
I have been using Max for so long that anything else seems awkward... lol

I will review the models and see what I can come up with. Because I work in poly mode, I made have to remake it a bit.

Is there anything else you can tell me about the Breeder besides what is in the text file?

Regards,
Sean E.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 12:32:33 pm »
Yeah, I forgot that Wings was free.  I already downloaded it and exported the models to Max.
I have been using Max for so long that anything else seems awkward... lol

Heh, I tried using Max once, it was . . . not a good experience. Wings is the only program I've tried that I can really get to grips with. Anything like Blender and Max just makes me run screaming. Why would you want to not be able to directly manipulate the model in front of you in an organic way?

Is there anything else you can tell me about the Breeder besides what is in the text file?

It's essentially nothing more than a partly-organic infection machine. It has no brain of its own, it's directly controlled by the XVI in its bloodstream, and its attack essentially replaces the victim's own blood with a new batch of XVI-infected blood, effecting a complete takeover within minutes.

It moves around on those little tank treads, and attacks by lunging and lashing out with its tongues, which penetrate the victim's skin. It holds the victim aloft while the blood replacement operation takes place. Cue lots of screaming. Then the victim is put back down as a kind-of zombie for a few minutes before becoming completely alien-controlled.

It also has a fairly powerful psionic attack that can persuade people to walk willingly into the Breeder's reach.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Winter