project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO:Extraterrestrials.  (Read 21144 times)

Offline zippythezip

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
UFO:Extraterrestrials.
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:45:20 pm »
Any one played this game yet? If yes what do you think?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO:Extraterrestrials.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 11:27:42 am »
I haven't played it firsthand, but I hear it's crap. The reason why I didn't play it is because it refused to install on my system...

wastelandmerc

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 02:42:59 pm »
I played a while, for me  it's poor copy of X-COM. About Soldiers are immortal -they get only knock out on battle, and have very poor aim. AI isn't so good, monster move in group so it easy to eliminate them with splash damage weapons. There are some other annoying things.
Here is movie of  tactic gameplay and second part.
global Tgameplay movie.
I heard that mods make this game much better but i only played "pure" version at friends house.

Offline zippythezip

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:00:56 am »
well i got a copy, thought it cant be that bad, well it is! bullets fly out the guns at weird angles, soldiers miss the targets an inch away. I installed a mod "bman"
and now soldiers can die and loads of things are fixed. Personally i think that alien invasion is light years ahead of this game in graphics and more fun.Be warned folks 
watch the links above like i did after. :(

GuyJeb

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:59:27 pm »
I cannot beleive I just found this Website.  I bought UFO Extraterrestrials a year ago thinking "Maybe! Just maybe something good has come.  A real replacement" ..man.. Such crap.  I haven't touched that game for a year because of my disappointment.  I seriously wish I had known about UFO: Alien Invasion.

I'm so glad you guys are still here working on the same game.  I recently Bought UFO: Trilogy (Aftermath, afterlight series) just to quench my thirst for X-com.

I can't wait to get home and download this version! The trailer looks awesome!

-Jeb

Offline Colamann

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:22:46 pm »
I like the menu artwork for Extraterrestrials, though.

odie

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:50:44 am »
Any one played this game yet? If yes what do you think?
Trust me, i played it and completed it..... it sux.

Though i must say at the time of its release, it was quite a hype (for its UFO-connected fans)...... the plot, the battle sux.

Esp the battle..... very diff feel from Xcom and the enemies cluster-*@%k.

Aniwae, i still have a copy of it though, for the fun of it...... I even have afterlight and whats the other one in the series?.... nah, i am sticking with UFOAI. lol. Or simply the Good o' Xcom (which i still have a copy and DOSBOX or a Pen 120 for this purpose running in DOS 6.22). lol.

Ildamos

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:41:15 am »
How about if you don't compare it with X-Com? WOuld it still hold up as a good game?

Or is UFO: AI our only hope?

odie

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 04:26:43 am »
How about if you don't compare it with X-Com? WOuld it still hold up as a good game?

Or is UFO: AI our only hope?

And if i dun compare? It sux more...... Its ai is crap, the soldiers not realistic, and basically i dun like the gameplay and concept........ Yupz. And u have to pay good money for it...... Sigh.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 05:02:17 am »
This game is really easy to mod and there is a very nice mod on net full of new options, harder AI (and dificult levels for it), soldiers really dying and other tweaks to make it more real and chalenging.

But yes, the game as it is on retail release do sux. Not because the game concept sux, but because it seems very badly executed by the game project. You get the impression it was just released in a hurry before it was all tested/tweaked/balanced.

Mods do fix a lot of it though. And game is very mod friendly (Well, I surelly can't code good enough for UFO AI, but I had no problem modding extraterrestrials myself on every little thing. Very simple to handle the game var. and files). Everything from items to game mechanics was very easy to edit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:04:53 am by Another Guy »

odie

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 03:20:32 pm »
This game is really easy to mod and there is a very nice mod on net full of new options, harder AI (and dificult levels for it), soldiers really dying and other tweaks to make it more real and chalenging.

But yes, the game as it is on retail release do sux. Not because the game concept sux, but because it seems very badly executed by the game project. You get the impression it was just released in a hurry before it was all tested/tweaked/balanced.

Mods do fix a lot of it though. And game is very mod friendly (Well, I surelly can't code good enough for UFO AI, but I had no problem modding extraterrestrials myself on every little thing. Very simple to handle the game var. and files). Everything from items to game mechanics was very easy to edit.

Orh?!?!? Do u have the name of the Mod / fansite?? I might consider trying after my stocktake madness. lol.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 12:25:43 am »

odie

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 05:04:52 am »
Bman's UFO Extrat. Mod 1.9.5

Ooooo..... thanks dude! :D I will keep an eye out for it, and play it after June. :D

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 06:01:51 am »
np  :D

I'm sure u'll also enjoy modding the game files yourself. Pretty intuituve variables. Kinda fun making ur own challenges. Good gaming!

odie

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 06:18:33 am »
np  :D

I'm sure u'll also enjoy modding the game files yourself. Pretty intuituve variables. Kinda fun making ur own challenges. Good gaming!

Hehe,

Problem is that i am playing too many games at this point now:
1) A chinese game called fantasy sango 4
2) Luna Online (Kawaii = cute).
3) UFOAI
4) X Beyond the Frontier
5) Fantasy - Endless Nova
6) Space Empire 4 - Heavily Modded version.

Lol, plus a couple of games here and there...... I am too unfocused. :P