project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Proposal: Right click to equip/unequip weapons  (Read 2234 times)

Offline jmanson

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Proposal: Right click to equip/unequip weapons
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:24:21 am »
I have been playing the game for a few days, and like it a lot. I have found that it is cumbersome to equip and unequip soldiers, especially when adding lots of little things like grenades and clips, because each item must be dragged onto a valid slot. I suggest that simply right clicking on an item will unequip the item when it is equipped. When it isn't yet equipped, right clicking will put the item into a reasonable default location.

For example, if no weapons are held in a soldiers hands, right clicking on a weapon will put the weapon in their hands. If the soldier already holds a weapon, and a weapon is clicked on the weapon will be placed in the holster if it will fit and in the backpack otherwise. Clips and grenades will be put in the belt or some other suitable place.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Proposal: Right click to equip/unequip weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:35:13 am »
implemented in r11923. but only for base equipment, not while you are in tactical mission - i think that it's better to do it manually here. It will reduce your TUs even more when the auto feature will choose the wrong container.

Offline jmanson

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal: Right click to equip/unequip weapons
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:44:21 pm »
That is really cool. I'm glad to hear that it has already been coded up.