project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Two translation bugs and One equip team screen feature request  (Read 2986 times)

Offline clint

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Two translation bugs and One equip team screen feature request
« on: September 22, 2007, 08:11:15 pm »
Hi
I start from few small bugs:
1. Shifting between languages does not work entire correctly.
  - After I change to english and run game again messages at geoscape screen are still in Polish
                               http://www.mytempdir.com/2025382
      new messages are in english but old are in polish. Should are they in english too?
  - After shift to english but without restart game, weapons descriptions at equip team screen are still in polish - 
                               http://www.mytempdir.com/2025378
      item's name, type of ammo, fire mode, hints (below cursor) are still in previous language.
2. Weapon description does not fit correctly into window at equip team screen - before_run_again.jpg
   - description about ammo overleap with something else.

Request at equip team screen
sometimes there is too much items. Could you add little (in size) number at right bottom corner of item? This number will represent quantity  of item if quantity is bigger than 5. If quantity is less than 5 there will be 5 items at screen. If quantity is bigger than 5 it will be one item with number at corner. Instead of 5 could be 8 or 10.

regards

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Two translation bugs and One equip team screen feature request
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:51:49 pm »
Yeah, the equip screen. We plan to redesign it, but there is no consensus on how to go about it exactly. But we will certainly address the issues that plague it now.

Punkiee

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:01:35 pm »

- After I change to english and run game again messages at geoscape screen are still in Polish
                               http://www.mytempdir.com/2025382
      new messages are in english but old are in polish. Should are they in english too?

Looks perfect to me: All you did before was reported in the language setting of that moment and all new things you perform are reported in the language setting of that moment. History doesnt change.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 02:30:43 am »
On the contrary, history changes all the time. It's only the future that's set in stone.

Punkiee

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 02:22:35 pm »
Big fan of 1984?
I am suspecting the credits file to have frequent updates...

Offline vdelverbo

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:29:23 pm »
Hellow.

I have had a similar problem. I installed the 2.2-dev-win32 (the version 2.1 doesn