Technical support > Mac

Getting Started (Mac OS X

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mattn:
if you need help with compiling, let us know. because if there are still questions open, the wiki article could need more work => thus ask everything that is unclear. then we can help you and update the wiki article, too

TwoADay:
Sorry about the late reply: I looked at the directions page on the wiki. At the top, it says it doesnt work at this time... :-\

Even then however, I would need more detailed instructions pretty much across the whole process than what is detailed on that page.

I also looked around for a more recent build, and didn't find one on sourceforge - unless Im supposed to download more than one file, which would explain a lot. There seems to be a bunch of things listed on sourceforge, but it isn't too clear what things are needed, and what's included in the ufoai-2.1.1_macosx_installer.

Thanks for the help and such, I'm truly interested in getting this running, but as I've said before, I don't really have too much time to try out and figure things out.

Mattn:
well, you have to get the svn trunk checkout and install the macports and the needed libs that are shown in the above listed wiki article

the just run

--- Code: ---./configure --with-openal=no
make

--- End code ---

that should be all to run the game

alexis:
Hi,

I have a mac ppc (Mac OS 10.4.10.)
I have succeeded in compiling UFOAI but I had to make some workarounds (symlinks, in fact) to have some OpenGL headers files been found (on a mac they are located in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers). I may also have installed additional libraries from different sources (SDL, OpenAL, well I don't remember... but not systematically installed with macports.)

* As macports install stuffs in /sw, when I want to do ./configure I have to execute those lines:
export CFLAGS=-I/sw/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib
export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
export CPPFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /sw/share/aclocal"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/sw/lib/pkgconfig"
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
sudo ./configure --with-openal=no

* When I compile the source codes, I got the following compiling errors:
src/renderer/r_sdl.c: In function 'R_InitGraphics':
src/renderer/r_sdl.c:176: error: 'SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/renderer/r_sdl.c:176: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/renderer/r_sdl.c:176: error: for each function it appears in.)
src/renderer/r_sdl.c:177: error: 'SDL_GL_SWAP_CONTROL' undeclared (first use in this function)
So I modified the source code:
   SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL, 1);
   SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_SWAP_CONTROL, r_swapinterval->integer);
into:
#ifdef SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL
   SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL, 1);
#endif
#ifdef SDL_GL_SWAP_CONTROL
   SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_SWAP_CONTROL, r_swapinterval->integer);
#endif
Then it works.

* The game launchs and I can start a new mission (the interface seems to work), but I haven't recompiled maps for now because this takes a very long time. How can I use rsync to avoid compiling maps?
I tried this (from http://mattn.ninex.info/?page=Download):
sudo rsync -avz rsync://mattn.ninex.info/ufo/ base/maps/
and I got this error:
@ERROR: Unknown module 'ufo'
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-24.1/rsync/io.c(359)
What I'm doing wrong? (I have never used rsync)

* You provide a mac intel release on sourceforge. It would be great if you can compile it as an universal binary (ie a mac executable that can run on intel and ppc). For more info about this, you can read http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/compiling/chapter_4_section_3.html
and also:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/universal_binary/
(NB: there is a section in the last link about OpenGL issues.)
If you have a mac intel, you can test an universal binary in ppc mode. The following link
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/universal_binary/universal_binary_exec_a/chapter_950_section_5.html
say that "you can force a command-line tool to run translated by entering the following in Terminal":
ditto -arch ppc <toolname> /tmp/toolname
/tmp/toolname

Mattn:
that's great news - the menus are working for you?

we still have an endian bug in our Grid_* functions - you can't walk to any level bigger than 1 - the cursor just disappears. I don't have an big endian system around here to test and fix thing, would be nice if you could maybe have a look. We definitly need more mac users and maybe (if you have the time) developers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version