Technical support > Mac

Getting Started (Mac OS X

(1/3) > >>

TwoADay:
I can't start the game. I've unpacked the items, copied to my applications, and double-clicked. No dice. I tried launching via the Command Line. Here's what I got:

Adding game dir: ./base
Added packfile ./base/0base.pk3 (5 files)
Added packfile ./base/0maps.pk3 (388 files)
Added packfile ./base/0media.pk3 (5 files)
Added packfile ./base/0models.pk3 (874 files)
Added packfile ./base/0pics.pk3 (1730 files)
Added packfile ./base/0snd.pk3 (121 files)
Added packfile ./base/0ufos.pk3 (63 files)
using /Users/xxx/.ufoai/2.1.1/base for writing
Adding game dir: /Users/xxx/.ufoai/2.1.1/base
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec config.cfg
execing keys.cfg
Hostname: xxx-computer.local
IP: 192.168.0.100
..added 3 maps to the mapcycle
...could not set to language: en
...could not set to system language
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
Loading snd_sdl sound driver
...library search path: '.'
Soundsystem: SDL.
SDL version: 1.2.9
SDL audio driver is "coreaudio".
Bits: 16
Frequency: 48000
Samples: 4096
Channels: 2
sound sampling rate: 48000
------- Loading ref_sdl.dylib -------
LoadLibrary ("./ref_sdl.dylib")
ref_gl version: GL 0.12
setting mode 6: 1024 768
SDL version: 1.2.9
SDL audio device shut down.
recursive shutdown
Error: (SDLGL) SDL SetVideoMode failed: Error setting OpenGL fullscreen: invalid drawable

Am I missing something else here? I'm running a MacBook Core Duo, 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM. Thanks for any help you all might provide.

Mattn:
it's only a guess, but your sdl version is quite old - 1.2.12 is the latest, try to update (you need at least 1.2.10)

Mattn:
btw. it would be cool if you could maybe also test the latest version that is in our source repository (svn)

we are close to a new version. but we need more mac testers to ensure, that the game is working on this plattform, too
are you using a ppc or intel mac?

Mattn:
information on how to compile for macos: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Compile_for_Mac

TwoADay:

--- Quote from: Mattn on September 17, 2007, 08:58:06 am ---btw. it would be cool if you could maybe also test the latest version that is in our source repository (svn)

we are close to a new version. but we need more mac testers to ensure, that the game is working on this plattform, too
are you using a ppc or intel mac?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the response. I'm using an intel mac. I'd be up for helping the testing process, although I must admit that I don't have much experience in testing open-source software, so my ability at compiling code is...non-existent, essentially.  Additionally, I don't have a whole lot of free time, so my usefulness as a tester may be limited, since I would only have time to play for a couple hours a week (likely about 2 to 4, but if I find the game very addicting, I could probably sink up to 10 a week)

I'll try to find a more up-to-date build to run. Thanks again. Send me a PM if you're still interested in having me do some testing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version