project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problems with text in the descriptions.  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Daydreamer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Problems with text in the descriptions.
« on: September 25, 2007, 07:40:27 pm »
Hello guys! I've downloaded the game few days ago and already enjoy it a lot! Nostalgia!! Yet. i have a problem that bothers me a lot. I don't have a text in the description of anything! For example: I want to know a description for a weapon. All it writes is "plasmarifle_txt" or something like that but doesn't opens the file. Though, text on geomap, e-mail, is ok. Tnx a head for help!!
P.S. Do i need to install every new version from 0? In this case, can I transfer my old saves to newer version? Also, how can I add new sound and map packs?
Maybe those questions seem foolish and irritating to the veteran users, but as I told, I'm "green" in that war.  ;D  Thanks a lot!!!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Problems with text in the descriptions.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:37:21 pm »
new sound and mappacks can be added like you maybe know it from quake3 - generate a pk3 file (just a zip file with another extension) and move it into your base folder.

the savegames from 2.1.1 won't work with 2.2

about the text issues, please look at the faq - there are some hints. which os are you using? windows, linux, mac?

great that you enjoyed the game already

Offline Daydreamer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:55:15 pm »
I use Win XP. About PK3 extension: do I make a zip file and just rename it?

P.S So you say I better wait for ver 2.2 rather than continuing playing 2.1.1 and starting from zero :D. Heh... release the 2.2!!!! I realy want to play!!! ;D
Thanks for the answer btw.

Punkiee

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 01:53:57 pm »
Just grab yourself the latest 2.2 beta build as indicated on the newspage as play it right away. There are bugs, but enthusiastic testers are the best there is.

Offline Daydreamer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:41:47 pm »
Ok. I solved the text problem. Should had looked in other posts before posting.