project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Idea: Hospitals and Medikits  (Read 2366 times)

zenwolf

Idea: Hospitals and Medikits
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:19:32 pm »
I've noticed that medikits are extremely effective, while the hospitals don't seem to be working.  Even when they are working in a future release, if the soldiers heal at the rate of XCOM Apoc, the hospital will still be overshadowed by the miraculous medikits.

My idea is to give hospitals more of a use.  

Medikits should be assembled by medics in the hospital, the way most things are produced by the workshop.  They could have 5 uses before needing replenishment/replacement, and an improved model can hold twice as much, and could act as a sedative to boost the morale of a panicked soldier.  Heck, you could even throw in stimpacks to temporarily boost strength and speed (though these could be in a different package from the medikit).

You may consider allowing the assigning of a medic to come on missions; they could require fewer TUs than a soldier to apply medical aid.

You may also consider medical procedures to implant advanced equipment in a soldier's body, like grafted body armour or cybernetic implants which need have no game effect more than permanently boost a soldier's stats.  These procedures would be unrecoverable expenses when the soldier dies, unlike standard issue equipment.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 09:55:54 pm »
I reckon medikits should be a temporary battlefield fix, which allow the soldier to continue fighting. But the damage they took should still need proper healing when they get back to base.

Also soldiers who have taken hits should have penalties to accuracy, strength  speed. These would be temporarily bypassed by the medikit drugs.

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:26:30 pm »
Mayby two types of wounds will be needed - lights woundhealed with medicit and heavy wound temporali bypased by medkits, bud needing healing in hospitals.

oeystein

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 09:56:10 pm »
Maybe something along the lines of the way they did it in Jagged Alliance.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:00:20 pm »
Do I hear an echo?