project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Proposal of new features  (Read 1723 times)

FelixFelix

Proposal of new features
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:16:20 pm »
Hello everybody,

first of all, thanks for your work, i have really appreciated the added storyline and the approvements since my last download months ago. Some proposals:

Version 2.1.1

- Preparing the equippement for the soldiers is normally interesting; unfortunatly it takes hours to drag and drop when you, like myself, like to put everything they could possibly carry on them.
Could you add some kind of key combination, for example: press b for bagpack, than double-click on the desired item to transfer it? I don´t know if this is a stupid remark, but the game is so great and this is the only thing bugging me...

- Would it be possible to programm eventually the grenades to explode the turn after the actual turn? I mean, to blow not directly but retarded? Also, could the gas grenade (great feature btw) create a gas cloude that stays one turn? Would be tactically interesting.

- Also, some items are still a little unclear. Like the smoke grenade; Do they see me when i am in there? Do i have to drop it before i go to this spot or can i go there first and just drop it in front of me?
And flash-bangs- Do they partially work through walls thanks to the high pitched note they create?

- All these questions could be answered by a training area where you could test out all the weapons with dummies... Would be great!

I know its a lot, but be assured, i am totally nuts about your little baby  :lol:

Thanks a lot

Felix

Wanderer

Re: Proposal of new features
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 09:28:08 pm »
I'll answer what I can.

Quote from: "FelixFelix"

Version 2.1.1

- Preparing the equippement for the soldiers is normally interesting; unfortunatly it takes hours to drag and drop when you, like myself, like to put everything they could possibly carry on them.
Could you add some kind of key combination, for example: press b for bagpack, than double-click on the desired item to transfer it? I don´t know if this is a stupid remark, but the game is so great and this is the only thing bugging me...

Wait for 2.2 on this, there's a major overhaul in development.

- Would it be possible to programm eventually the grenades to explode the turn after the actual turn? I mean, to blow not directly but retarded? Also, could the gas grenade (great feature btw) create a gas cloude that stays one turn? Would be tactically interesting.

Discussed before, I believe the game directors are deciding on implementation.

- Also, some items are still a little unclear. Like the smoke grenade; Do they see me when i am in there? Do i have to drop it before i go to this spot or can i go there first and just drop it in front of me?

visually appealing but not functioning at this time.  It should create a visual wall.

And flash-bangs- Do they partially work through walls thanks to the high pitched note they create?

Ummm.... no idea.  I think it's more only LOS to the object.

- All these questions could be answered by a training area where you could test out all the weapons with dummies... Would be great!

That'd be kinda neat, actually....