project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some feedback  (Read 2819 times)

Offline moher

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:01:32 am »
Hi there.

At first i want to say THX for great game.

But i have 3 sugestions

1)
I have played in strategic games since i remember and i have always the same problem -- empty research list. I wonder why programers do not want to give some freedom to players in making theirs own reserch projects and add them to reserch list. there is example:

i reserched plazma rifle but i don't like it stats ( i want plazma shutgun for example). so i go to "my projects menu" and as base item select plazma rifle and modyfy 1. decrease range, 2 increase damage, 3.change fire modes, 4 select Action Points for use each fire mode and so on. Game calculate research and manufacture time and there is my plasma shutgun. In this way i could have plasma minigun, rocket lancher, sniper rifle, and even a plazma knife. And beside this  i could have equipment that coresponds to my play style(close combat -knifes, shutguns, miniguns  or long distance/devastation -sniper rifles,rocket lanchers).

Well modifiing armour stats also could be in handy becouse when i like close combat than i fear weapon fire most and when i play long distance i could increase explosion def. more. And as i could observe in late missions aliens use particle weapons more frequent and i can risk to lower laser/plazma resistance and increase particle res.

all above could also apply to craft weapons and armors.

2)
What about proxymity anti personel mines. This could add greatly to tactics. Securying building enters, corridors, making ambush, aquiring live aliens, loosing some soldiers on enemy mines ;)

3)
It happend once that map was small and there was 8 aliens and 8 of my soldiers. when i landed my man was distributed randomly around drop ship and aliens was everywere. in the first combat round i lost from 2 to all my man. after many tries i finaly ended with 1 lost soldier. I think that missions should start with all man in dropship. Proper disembark is also part of tactics.

--BUG--
And by the way walls that cover soldier compartment in dropship (those with red cros symbol) are transparent to enemy fire. No way to hide in dropship. I was hit by alien from top of building so it may be the roof of dropship that is transparent.

that is all for now.
any comment is welcome.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Some feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:08:13 am »
which version are you playing?

please open bug tracker items (if they don't exist already) in our bugtracker.

Offline moher

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:11:32 pm »
what i wrote abowe is for ver 2.1.1

yesterday downloaded ver 2.2 but i cant go past 1 screen "inital settings". I enter palyer name klick ok but this window dont desapear. field with player name is cleared after kliking ok buton, file config is saved correctly with player name

version 2.2 rev 9557 - 2007-07-11
i have win xp home
i dont know if it is a bug or this menu is not finished.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:13:12 pm »
It's supposed to work. It works for me.

Offline moher

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:39:29 pm »
what information u need from me??

i have win xp home , 4GB RAM, ati 1950 pro 512mb ram,

the game starts in polish language. i include print screen from game console maby it will help.

tell me what else u need

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:53:51 pm »
The "could not register models" messages are irrelevant and harmless.
Hmm, maybe it is bug with my recent not-so-smart commit about language picking - try to just select the language from language box in initial screen and tell me if that helped.

Offline moher

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:04:48 pm »
language box is too long for the screan. i can see languages only to german. when i select any abowe i have eanglish, when i select german i have german^^. but it makes no diference.

the language box is still empty even when i chose german the selection list closes and box is empty again.

When i click ok player name disapears too.