project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: additional suggestion for last beta release  (Read 1511 times)

inquisiteur2

additional suggestion for last beta release
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:53:47 pm »
There is a lot of new features in the beta installer version, I am really impressed by how things are getting.

There are several things I would like to suggest:

1. A basic walking sounds for soldiers - This is a basic/stupid features but I am sure it will add a lot to the game atmosphere (which is currently a little but UFO Extraterrestrialish (means everything seems a little bit dead).

2. For map makers it would be good to use more extensively Sitters foliage to make maps (which by the way a really great) more "friendly", they are currently great but for most of them they give an empty feeling (the Japan map for example is ok, the metro one is great but on the first level there is nothing bit grass which is a little bit boring)

3. Put an alternate "speedy" music for the geoscape map, the current one is well done, but I have to concentrate to no start sleeping after 5 minutes, it we would be good to have something with more punch to wake you up. So an alternate music which would play after 2-3 minutes.

4. Something UFO ET have (which may have been initially a non corrected bug), you can issue an order to a soldier, and then before he finish his move, issue right away an order to another of your soldiers - thus you could have 2 -3 soldiers moving at a time. This would result in a tactical disaster, but if you get bored looking for an alien, or just starting to set your team up after they get from the skyranger thing it is very convenient. I dont know if this is technically possible

5. I am really missing some subtilities soundtrack (no music but birds singing, wind, rain etc.. combined in a soundtarck when mission is at night)

6. As mentionned in a former thread, scale up the globe by 200%.

Other than that I am impressed I have a frame rate of 35 fps under extreme texture, 1280*800 with my poor 1.7 ghz & integrated media card laptop.

thx again and regards.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
additional suggestion for last beta release
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:06:56 pm »
4.) is technically possible and we handled it this way in older versions - but we 'fixed' this behaviour.