project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feature Request: Invisible Damage  (Read 2026 times)

Wanderer

Feature Request: Invisible Damage
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:18:25 pm »
We've all been in the situation before where suddenly, #6 (our solo operative out on the fringe of the map) just... dies.  It's our turn, and #6 is dead.  This is usually caused by having his back to the enemy and noone else able to see the enemy.

Well, I've found that this happens also where I get semi-wounded people with no idea what happened.  I randomly find someone beaten half to death, and they didn't even bother to tell me they're bleeding.  I don't much care about the dead ones but the hurt ones I'd like to find some cover for instead of thinking thier RF hiding spot was actually safe.

So, in the interest of all dead and dying soldiers, I'd like to offer the following proposal.

A) Allow LOS on missed shots that go past the soldier, or [Edit: This next item exists, but not sure why the two soldiers that spawned this commentary didn't see it.  Was reminded of it when I saw blind fire from alien->civilian] that another unit member who can see the 'path', but not the alien, will display the shot path.

B) When a soldier is being shot at, flip to that soldier in the view and have him yell, do a jig, something to display he's been hit, even if he can't see anything.  

C) Display (like a shadowed view or something) the amount of HP you left a soldier with on the previous turn, and have their current visible as well.  This way as you flip through your characters, you could see 'Hey, you had 120 last round, you're at 48 this round?  What happened?'

D) Allow us to still find our dead soldiers with hotkeys.  When I've got 3 or 4 dead bodies already and #6 dies without warning... who was #6 again?  Was it the guy around the corner past the dead one, or was he trying to figure out what killed the other one and hadn't crossed the corner yet?  The rest of the team would like to know. :)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:32:19 am »
Especially B). If a soldier is killed, I'd like to be sent to his position and hear a death wail. That'll put the message across.

Also, in my experience soldiers not only can't see fire from behind, they also can't hear it. I've had soldiers drop out of existence without the slightest of sounds often enough, even when other soldiers were nearby.

Offline Voller

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:01 pm »
Definitely B). I also think C) would be a neat idea.

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 07:21:41 pm »
Also, please let me see a melee attackers on my side, or even if they are behind me. I think 'seeing' an alien thats standing right next no me and hits me with a kerrblade is realistic even if I don't have eyes on the side/back of my head.