project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Inventory Control  (Read 2991 times)

BigfootMSR

Inventory Control
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:34:56 am »
I know you guys are busy so I'll keep this short..

Your in base inventory get way out of control. You really have to watch the amount of stuff you have becasue if you have too much ammo it pushes the rest of the weapons/ammo off the screen.

I'm just going to throw out the idea of inventory stacking to you guys, makes it easier to see how much you have onhand, and takes up less space. or depending on how the game is coded (as I have no idea) perhaps implementing a scroll bar would nice. You could also just put a limiter on how much of each type of weapon/ammo can be displayed in the inventory box.

just my two cents...

-BigfootMSR

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Inventory Control
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 05:48:14 pm »
Take a look at
this,
this,
and
this.

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Inventory Control
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:04:31 pm »
I don't know the concept behind this, and I don't wanna interfere if theres already work in progress. But honestly, I do not really like that interface proposal... it rather complicates things...

IMHO it should be like this:

or even this:

Other opinions?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Inventory Control
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:12 pm »
Of these, I think I prefer the second screen. Though it says little about how to represent info like rank, implants, etc. Can you try to be a bit more specific about that?

Also, how do you suppose ammo is handled that won't fit in a single box in thet scrolling menu for the weapons? For example, consider that a weapon may be able to take three different types of ammo that are 2x2 each.

stalnakerz

Inventory Control
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 03:14:44 am »
I think I'm experiencing the same thing here.  Basically when I find particle beam weapons, the inventory list is too long.  When I go to buy/sell equipment, I cannot see how many rifle chargers I have to sell and cannot scroll down on the screen to view it.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Inventory Control
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 09:17:52 am »
stalnakerz: can you not mousewheel scroll down (with the mouse pointer hovering over the list)?

stalnakerz

Inventory Control
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 12:11:12 am »
mouse wheel doesn't work, I've also tried using the arrow keys in the buy/sell equipment screen.  

But in the equip soldier screen, mousewheel works and the scroll arrows are there.