project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Vista problem  (Read 2660 times)

Drakojan

Vista problem
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:18:18 pm »
Hi! I´m really interested about this game, but I have Windows Vista and when I say that, everybody knows what´s wrong.  :D  When I try to run the game, It starts, and then just stops. And then nothing. When I try to run the game in windowed safe mode it says: "UFO: Alien Invasian Stopped working" or something like that. Can anybody help me?  :(

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Vista problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:40:56 pm »
ufoconsole.log says anything? (C:\Documents & Settings\<username>\Application Data\UFOAI\<game version>\base\ufoconsole.log)

Kohli

Re: Vista problem
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:30:51 pm »
Quote from: "Drakojan"
Hi! I´m really interested about this game, but I have Windows Vista and when I say that, everybody knows what´s wrong.  :D  When I try to run the game, It starts, and then just stops. And then nothing. When I try to run the game in windowed safe mode it says: "UFO: Alien Invasian Stopped working" or something like that. Can anybody help me?  :(

Hi, I have Vista 64-bit, and I also had problems starting UFO:AI. But i got it working by running the game in "windows XP SP2 compatibility" mode. It still sometimes crashes to desktop, but I imagine it's just Vista and nvidia not playing nice together.
Hope that helps.

Drakojan

Vista problem
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:48:31 am »
ufoconsole.log says anything? (C:\Documents & Settings\<username>\Application Data\UFOAI\<game version>\base\ufoconsole.log)

I´ll check that out.

Hi, I have Vista 64-bit, and I also had problems starting UFO:AI. But i got it working by running the game in "windows XP SP2 compatibility" mode. It still sometimes crashes to desktop, but I imagine it's just Vista and nvidia not playing nice together.
Hope that helps.

I tryed that already, but it didn´t work.

Drakojan

Vista problem
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:46:50 am »
I can´t find that ufoconsole.log. I tryed search, but nothing. There isn´t anything named ufoconsole.log in my computer.

Drakojan

Vista problem
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:35:18 pm »
I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work. It´s really annoing, when the best games don´t work on Vista...  :(

Drakojan

Vista problem
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 07:03:56 pm »
And (of course) when I half an hour ago said that I tried everything then the game works. I just installed the newest drivers to my graphics card and BOOM! By the way, how the hell the game is Finnish??!!! Because that was a very positive supraise!  :D