project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Starting without base and men  (Read 3005 times)

AZeth

Starting without base and men
« on: May 28, 2007, 03:51:54 pm »
Hi there just wanted to say that I love the game but I was wondering about something:

I downloaded the mac version of the game and I like to start by building my own base and hiering the men I want on my team. Problem is that when I do that the amount of money do not hold out for what I start with else. I get 4,5 mill at the start at standard difficulty, and a transport chopper cost 3,5. that way its not enough to buy enough buldings to start is it?

Might be that I did something wrong or did not understand what is actually needed of buildings to get started and I would like some explanation on this.

Oh and is it right that the small hangar should cost more than the large?

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 08:43:44 pm »
Your first base should have a full set of stuff in to get you started (at standard);-
-some hangars
-dropship
-soldiers   9
-scientists   6
-workers       14
-medics      2

if you don't it is a bug

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 09:04:56 pm »
it's no bug - it's an option - but the option to start without buildings is broken. (due to too less money) - this is already a known bug and was already reported to the bugtracker, too. Currently no fix but start with buildings

AZeth

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:51:14 am »
okay thanks :D

good to know.

See you around  8)

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:56:54 am »
Actually, there is a work-around.

Since you get a free aircraft the first time you purchase a hanger provided it isn't the instantly-build hanger you can build when you don't start with base facilities, you can just buy whatever you want during this instant period except the hangers, let an hour pass, and buy a large and small hanger.  

However, you won't be able to use the hangers for 6 days, and the aircraft won't be delivered until the hangers are built.

I feel sorry for the folks at Revelstoke. :cry:

Still, an expert commander should be able to recover from whatever chaos the aliens deliver during those 6 days (provided the difficulty level isn't set too high).

I think this bug is related to the bug in which no aircraft can be purchased during the initial base menu.

AZeth

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 01:08:57 pm »

I'll try that :D

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 01:16:19 pm »
There is no shortage of workarounds.

edit base/ufos/campaign.ufo

(nb unpack 0ufos.pk3, .pk3=.zip)