project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: CTD: June 18 SVN, Retrying map  (Read 3088 times)

Wanderer

CTD: June 18 SVN, Retrying map
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:38:59 am »
Attempted to retry map "Somewhere in Antarctica", which appears to use +frozend (I'm pretty sure it said 'industrial' on the load screen).

The first load went fine.  NASTY little fight, loaded the two dropships practically on top of each other, but went alright, but didn't like one of my losses, so I 'retry'.

Below is the failure from the console log.  I did not get an assertation failed message.  I can give you the full log if you need it.

Code: [Select]
CL_ReloadAndRemoveCarried()...aircraft idx: 0, teamNum: 8
==== ShutdownGame ====
==== InitGame ====
------- Server Initialization -------
...surfaces: 22
...leafs: 264
...leafbrushes: 57
...planes: 418
...brushes: 51
...brushsides: 397
...submodels: 258
...nodes: 260
 (WHACK HACK SPLAT - Repeated trash unneeded)
...surfaces: 10
...leafs: 29
...leafbrushes: 4
...planes: 76
...brushes: 4
...brushsides: 24
...submodels: 258
...nodes: 26
Save user settings to C:\Documents and Settings\ctfarrex\Application Data\UFOAI/2.2-dev/base/config.cfg
SDL audio device shut down.

Agrajag

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:34:45 pm »
The map i get (seemingly with random elements, the ufo and firebird and buildings move around. Are random maps present? I thought not) is Alien_Landing_Industrial. Snow all over.
To me it's the second mission in a new game, normal difficulty, but the aliens have all the Particle weapons and medium armor making it a little to hard (but great fun)

Couldn't retry without a gamecrash

I could not find the map on maplist either

Wanderer

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:08:40 pm »
Quote from: "Kanaaz"
The map i get (seemingly with random elements, the ufo and firebird and buildings move around. Are random maps present? I thought not) is Alien_Landing_Industrial. Snow all over.
To me it's the second mission in a new game, normal difficulty, but the aliens have all the Particle weapons and medium armor making it a little to hard (but great fun)

Couldn't retry without a gamecrash

I could not find the map on maplist either

The map is +frozend.  It's a random map build, and yes, they're included in the current build.  Apparently retry's are buggy though.  Thanks for the confirmation it wasn't my compile. :)

Agrajag

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »
nice with random maps, why dont you include more of them in next release, or make them accessable with the
map |mapname| thing?

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 02:04:52 pm »
retry on the random map (using the 2.2 dev testinstaller) worked for me. perhaps i'm the only lucky one.

Wanderer

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 06:20:35 pm »
nice with random maps, why dont you include more of them in next release, or make them accessable with the
map |mapname| thing?

Well, I didn't code it. :)  Mattn pretty much did all the random map items, including the build patterns.  The reason I believe that you don't have more of them yet is that us mappers (I'm not a coder, and I'm trying to become a mapper. :)) haven't built off the tiles that Mattn needs for the script files yet.

There are .ump scripts available, and in the current svn.  I'm pretty sure you can launch them with a mission statement.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 10:27:04 pm »
map |mapname| thing?

they are accessable via map command - e.g.

map +frozend industrial
industrial is the assembly - and it's not needed
map +frozend would work, too - but this will use a random assembly

Agrajag

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 12:26:32 pm »
I see. just didn't realize that the were random map things name were +frozenn / +frozend. I got one called "Snow" when i found out. Though, I have a bug so I cant use it anyway.