project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Current Isometric & free camera view not optimal  (Read 2583 times)

inquisiteur2

Current Isometric & free camera view not optimal
« on: May 22, 2007, 12:50:47 pm »
I finally managed to play at UFO ET, without comparing UFO ET & UFO AI there is something that i would suggest to fix in our current version.

Having the possibility to rotate the camera everywhere is very nice, the isometric view is nice too, but both are not handy at all, I found them even annoying after a while because using the camera requires some accuracy & concentration - I think this harms the gameplay.

It would be much better to have an additional FIXED view like the old xcom or the new ET - I understand that I can still chose a view and stop rotating the camera, but what we need is an optimal angle where we could see any Phalanx & aliens without having to rotate the camera. Current isometric view would be ok if soldiers where not seen too much from above.

I know my english is not very clear, I hope you are able to understand my idea.

I think that would be a good improvement since player wont have to micromanage anymore the camera.

Wanderer

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:03:25 pm »
We definately have different viewpoints here.  Like a game of chess, I like to be able to see things from the opponent's perspective, the ability to zoom way in and out on the models, see all the pretty details, and twist and turn my way around the map to figure out if these two alleys really line up.

It drove me crazy that you COULDN'T alter the view in the old versions, I like this feature.

inquisiteur2

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:15:33 am »
All what I am saying it that we should have an additional fixed view mode similar to other x-com games style - because managing the camera can be a time consuming process and requires attention some player are necessarely willing to give.

Other than that I totally agree that current available camera views are useful & great.