project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Few bugs of 2.1.1  (Read 4000 times)

pma

Few bugs of 2.1.1
« on: April 28, 2007, 10:25:06 pm »
After enjoying a lot 2.1 I've been striked by the game loading bug. So I've spent a few minutes playing 2.1.1 to test and discover as much bugs as possible. Here are my findings (PS: sorry for not beeing able to tell lots of details about crashes but I don't know and DO NO WANT TO KNOW how to debug under w$)

1) Still a bug when loading saved game. But this time it makes the program crash.

I have two point of the game at which it is still possible to reload.

2) If the topology of earth is respected for plane itinerary, it is not when considering radar's action. To test that, just place a polar base and you'll see that the radar won't be able to cover the pole.

3) There is large discrepancy between starting soldiers and further recruits. Is this really intended ?

4) I'm not sure that  injured/hospitalised soldiers should be allowed (without even a warning)  to be part of any missions.

5) transfering soldiers is disabled.

Regards to you all, especially develpers. playing this game was really a delight.

pma

Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 05:09:46 pm »
An other point:
When transfering weapons from base to base, one can transfer weapon that are not any more in the base : that is if the troops have left base 1 with their equipement one can transfer the same equipement to an other base. Then at landing time the soldiers won't be equipped anymore.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:19:19 pm »
do you still encounter the assertation failure in the 2.1.1 final version?

elkapitan

Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:23:11 pm »
yes I received same assertion error as pma on version 2.1.1. For me usually it happens when i click on the assign soldiers.

1. There is a bug when i play aliens. When i put armour on a shevaar troop, image of it dissappears. When i go into battle, troop image does not appear. It gets distorted as a blue pyramid with a smallgun in front. Haha. More than one troop of this kind with armour crashes the game when loading battle scenes. Putting no armour on shevaar solves it.

2. In selling/buying and production menus, selected items gets selcted as items that r three lines up. This happens when i have to scroll and select. im using a 1680 x 1050 res.

3. Text info for UFOpedia does not space out evenly. could be resolution again. (actually too much info without applicable use)

4. not sure whether they are bugs or still in development but when an alien airstrike suppose to take place nothing happens immediately. Only happens when i fast forward.

ok just a few feedback and questions if granted-
1. why not make easier way of knowing which soldiers r injured instead of going to hospital view. In xcom series injured soldiers r automatically removed from any current missions and automatically hospitalised until fully treated. Easier this way than remembering names.

2. If there is an alien base attack, why can i only send in 4 guys? Whats the difference from using troops within base and from another base?

3. Why cant troops remain with their weapons if not in mission? Saves the hassle of rearming them everytime.

4. Seems like the alien weapons are not much better than the SMG in terms of range and power except the plasma blaster and particle beam canon. No point researching.

5. Do flashbang and smoke really work? i tried them but no results. Aliens still see my troops and the civilians.

6. could there be an explanation of actor abilities and how it relates to particular jobs? soldiers, medics, scientists etc. Especially stuff like Speed and Mind. Speed = response time?

Ok thats it for now. But id like to congratulate u guys for the development of this genre of games n making it free for public. Im a hardcore fan of Xcom series and ive played all first three installments.[/list][/list]

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 04:32:57 pm »
I think I found that bug. Unfortunately, it is in 2.1.1 final version. Maybe we will prepare another hotfix - not sure yet. We will discuss this. :(

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 04:37:33 pm »
Quote from: "elkapitan"

1. There is a bug when i play aliens. When i put armour on a shevaar troop, image of it dissappears. When i go into battle, troop image does not appear. It gets distorted as a blue pyramid with a smallgun in front. Haha. More than one troop of this kind with armour crashes the game when loading battle scenes. Putting no armour on shevaar solves it.

Read BUGS file.
2. In selling/buying and production menus, selected items gets selcted as items that r three lines up. This happens when i have to scroll and select. im using a 1680 x 1050 res.

Can you make a screenshoot?
1. why not make easier way of knowing which soldiers r injured instead of going to hospital view.

You have Health bar in both Hire menu and Team Selection menu.
5. Do flashbang and smoke really work? i tried them but no results. Aliens still see my troops and the civilians.

Flashbang does not block line of sight.
Smoke grenade does, but unfortunately the effect lasts only one turn.

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 11:14:27 am »
I just installed 2.1.1 on a current debian stable ("etch") system, and got some error like 'GLIBC_2.4' not found. Indeed the libc6 version used in deb stable and testing is 2.3.6 (deb unstable would be 2.5.5).
This means UFO:AI is not really playable for debian stable/testing users, right?

Edit: I meant, playable using the installer. Currently compiling it from source, lets see...

pma

Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:02:27 pm »
Quote from: "Mattn"
do you still encounter the assertation failure in the 2.1.1 final version?

Now UFOAI 2.1.1-052007 handle correctly the error. I get an error message telling me to have a look at the game console.
Here are sample messages from the console, hand copyed :

loading savegame
version: 1
game version: 2.1.1
global data loaded - size (null) u bytes
techs: 132
building 18
ranks 8
nations 8

load 'slot4'
Aircraft raft_dropship not found (5)
subsystem 'base' returned false -savegame could not be...
unknown command "game_timestop"
changing to singleplayer
loading savegame ....

FlaewHen

Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 04:17:50 pm »
Hi,

I have a weird 'bug'. Is it possible to hire more than 19 scientists/technicians/soldiers/medics ? I mean, in the 'hire' screen I cannot find any way to scroll down/up the list of scientists/technicians/soldiers/medics. 19 is the number of names that fit the entire screen (from top to bottom obviously). Any ideas how to scroll it?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 04:46:25 pm »
currently only via mousewheel

FlaewHen

Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 04:50:59 pm »
I have a simple 2-buttons mouse with no wheel ... Oh well, time to buy something more modern^^'

Offline Stalins Organ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Few bugs of 2.1.1
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 04:19:06 am »

Flashbang does not block line of sight.
Smoke grenade does, but unfortunately the effect lasts only one turn.

smoke doesn't seem to work very well - used some recently, and the aliens immediately shot through it at short range (4-5 squares) all of which was smoked.

Looked good tho!